MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plastic bracket finally snapped and took the slave with it. Ordered Dark ice kit off ebay and had it fitted for me. Kind of mad at myself for not doing this earlier as it feels like a new car now. First gear still feels notchy at times but maybe that's not unusual?

My only real problem is that the clutch pedal now sits about 2 inches proud of the other pedals. I pointed this out with the mechanic but gave up trying to convince him that it was possible make the adjustment. He said he'd need to build a stopper for it. Looking at the parts he didn't use, I'm guessing a stopper was provided with the kit but he couldn't be bothered to use it.

Anyway, this is what's left in the box (see picture) and I'm wondering if anyone could identify the parts. My guess is that #1 is the stopper and #5 are spacers you use for the adjustment. No idea what #2 or the plastic cap #6 is. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents. I'll take a closer gander when I have time. For now I'm just overjoyed to have a car that's drivable again. It's a great kit and would recommend to anyone. I think the metal slave bracket alone does a lot to improve things. The garage peeps were well impressed anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts