MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a distribution centre - but we saw loads of cars parked adjacent to the M180 today. Mostly Fords and Pugs (I think) difficult to spot at excessive speeds. :D

Also near Corby - hundreds of old model Fiestas.

And in Thorne at ***'s distribution centre - *** saloons and MINI's (this is ***'s distribution centre for the UK).

Great to see that the opposition has unsold cars and not MGR.

When talking to Kernahan's it seems you cannot please the customer. In that when availability is not a problem (parked in fields during the BM days. The answer was "don't want one - you can't sell 'em). Now, it's built to order and people now say they cannot wait - doh! :D

No pleasing some people. :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Well, now THAT is interesting.........
BMiniW's are supposed to be seling like hot cakes according to the propaganda given to the Cowley galley slaves, and they are told each one is ordred and goes straight to the customer. What is going on???!!!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Lots of distribution centres around here.
Vee Dubs come in via Grimsby and some Renaults via Goole.
The field you mention (near Sandtoft) often has all sorts in it - some new, some not. It's used as a holding area by lots of people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
***'s at Thorne

Dave

The Corby site was definite storage for Fords.

But the Thorne B*W place is a distribution centre for the UK - I would think all cars are sold. I think they park there only momentarily - although I could be wrong. :(

John

Sandtoft - couldn't think of the name (another ex - WW2 RAF base - light airplane was taking off from there)

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Jerry
The Thorne site, although very big, is joined on the south side by Dixons distribution centre for all their outlets - including MGR.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Had to go out to Snaith last night, got back onto th M18 at Thorne. Nice to see that Dixons distribution centre is full of cars waiting to be shipped to (various) dealers but not many MGRs in there. Seems like the demand is such that they only fleetingly pass through the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.