MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the Fiat as the V8 is still awaiting a blower from the USA :(

Should be fun to try a front wheel drive for a change :)

I'm hoping I might make a flat 14 if all goes well ??

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
hi perry, i raced a few of them and they were mid 14's standard, nice cars i like them, front drive off the line for the first time will be a fun challenge....let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha Ha Ha!!!!

What a hoot???

I cant drive a front wheel drive turbo car :)

It was mental... I kept dropping the revs too low and bogging down. I even got my ass handed to me by a Girl in a Civic R :hammerhea

But the 200 quid scrapper stayed together so I'm going back tomorrow to try again. I've found a little twiddly knob under the bonnet that makes it boost more ?? She ran a flat 15 today at 97mph with 13psi. And it does not suffer with torque steer? Some bloke told me that it has some sort of hydraulic diff / torque steer controller in the transaxle ?? Well it obviously works cos when I could get on the power it went nice and straight :)

I had a fiddle on the way home and I can make it boost around 17psi flat out if I turn this little knob :)

I'll try some of that tomorrow.. The track was in good nick today as well !!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sussed it after 7 runs.
I figured out how to get it off the line......
She runs regular 14.6's.

Now I need to add a small sniff of gas to help get it off the line quicker :)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As Demon said!
A 2 litre coupe with a turbo. I must say I'm liking it now. At least it gives me a road toy again.. :)

Its one of these in tis colour as well. I havent taken any proper pics of it yet

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
those fiats are actually really nice looking wouldnt mind owning one tbh, maybe not yellow unless it had black wheels ect:)

·
19,410 Posts
for the lulz i may as well tell u i saw u too...and saw u get pwnd by the girl in the type R
You may have but the Fiat is only his temp fix and if he had been in his MG:yup: she the Type R owner would have been destroyed by a massive margin:dddc:

·
Registered
139 Posts
were you there last year in the mg?! i remember seeing a crazy mgb with a v8 and huge rear tyres last year!

·
19,410 Posts
were you there last year in the mg?! i remember seeing a crazy mgb with a v8 and huge rear tyres last year!
Thats Perry:yup:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I saw plenty of MG's on site last weekend. I Think I'll have to get a shirt done with the MGB picture on it so I can say hello to more MG fans at the Pod :)

I was really happy as the track was quiet on both days. The queue didnt get more than half way up the fire up lane most of the time.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

That may have been me !
Did it look like this ??
This was a test run from Jan this year when I blew the engine..
Still pulled a high 10 though so I'm happy :)
The block let go at 900 feet and I crossed the line on fire while coasting as I shut all the fuel and nitrous systems down :)
Good 'ole Rover V8 !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbWCXq33rRY

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
for the lulz i may as well tell u i saw u too...and saw u get pwnd by the girl in the type R

I'm hoping my passengers video gets to youtube soon. It was the run where the Girl in the Honda handed my ass to me :)

I was shouting "we are getting beaten by a Girl" Great fun :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts