MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In March this year, havin a laff on my post " tryin to cheer myself up after my engine let go" Raptor uk , myself and others were chatting about "if it was safe using fairy liquid to wash the parts, sockets and torpedoes etc " not my idea", we were just joking around. The next morning i put a small bit of ali about 50mm x 25mm, into a plastic tub and filled it with fairy liquid to see what would happen"always one to try things out me".

I forgot all about it tucked in the corner of the garage. But today while cleaning the garage out i found it "some seven months later". All that was left of the ali was a pitted postage stamp size bit of metal, as thin as gold leaf.

Rapter U.K "WAS RIGHT, NEVER CLEAN TORPEDOES OR ANYTHING WITH FAIRY LIQUID"

The rat and two cock-roaches "fast asleep next to the tub"looked remarkably clean" but very thin. I thought it was a shame to disturb them, so at nine this evening "just as it got cold" and after that Australian Vets program on the Discovery channel "i got a pair of my old hiking socks out and went into the garage, they had not moved at all" So decided to tuck em up for the night, the rat in one sock and the other two little mites in the other. My good deed for the day.

Isent life great :twak2:

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Try drain cleaner next time, that would disolve your piece of ali in seven minutes and save you the full seven months!

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
I hardly ever buy Fairy Liquid !

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Had dealings with a alcoholic once that used to boil brasso and drink the stuff that rose to the top. Highly potent apparently.

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
Had dealings with a alcoholic once that used to boil brasso and drink the stuff that rose to the top. Highly potent apparently.
Off Topic...............
This is pretty much the last stage in alcoholism - after you have gone thru White Lightning cider, Tenant's Super lager, Thunderbird and presumably Industrial Methylated Spirit first!
Alcoholics who are at this stage are permanently drunk anyway..........
next stop hospital where your liver says bye bye, then you end up in a hole in the ground.

I shall stick to using Fairy Liquid for removing stuck on Porridge from my bowl and saucepan then.................

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Off Topic...............
This is pretty much the last stage in alcoholism - after you have gone thru White Lightning cider, Tenant's Super lager, Thunderbird and presumably Industrial Methylated Spirit first!
Alcoholics who are at this stage are permanently drunk anyway..........
next stop hospital where your liver says bye bye, then you end up in a hole in the ground.

I shall stick to using Fairy Liquid for removing stuck on Porridge from my bowl and saucepan then.................
I.M.S. being an industrial solvent will kill you instantaneous.The Russians (bless em ) found this out when entering Berlin at the end of WW2 they even drank Glycol (antifreeze) hundreds of em died.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I.M.S. being an industrial solvent will kill you instantaneous.The Russians (bless em ) found this out when entering Berlin at the end of WW2 they even drank Glycol (antifreeze) hundreds of em died.
Call me dumb:err: whats I.M.S " THOUGHT RUSSIANS ONLY DRANK VODCA " or is that just my sister..............:dunno:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hardly ever buy Fairy Liquid !
AH!!!! Your one of the lucky ones wiv a dish washer! wont buy one, think the little soap things that you put in the machine are far too expensive and you dont get many anyway.

Still think fairys great value for money , great if you run out of shampoo, washing powder or even bird seed as well !!!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well its almost a year since my 190+ blew up on the motorway and just like to say a Big thank you to all on the forum who helped me get it back on the road........................... Cheers all and have a brill XMAS

fRENCHFRIES111:s nowman:CHEERS

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
AH!!!! Your one of the lucky ones wiv a dish washer! wont buy one, think the little soap things that you put in the machine are far too expensive and you dont get many anyway.

Still think fairys great value for money , great if you run out of shampoo, washing powder or even bird seed as well !!!!!!
I set the cost of a tablet and time to load the machine against the time to wash up and dry, to me the tablets are good value.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Well its almost a year since my 190+ blew up on the motorway and just like to say a Big thank you to all on the forum who helped me get it back on the road........................... Cheers all and have a brill XMAS

fRENCHFRIES111:s nowman:CHEERS
Ya cant do without it :dddc:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Tablets ? Now that is posh. No can't do without ours either, but good old asda powder does the job.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I set the cost of a tablet and time to load the machine against the time to wash up and dry, to me the tablets are good value.
Did you use a stop watch for this? I off-set the time it took me to find the tablets in the supermarket, the time taken getting there and back, unpacking loading the machine and starting, and finaly the time it took to wash everything about 3/4 hr.... Against filling the sink with water and fairy and hand washing.
Taking into account the petrol used to get the tablet, electricity to run the machine and unload..... Id rather wash em me self chuck........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts