MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a reasonable price to replace my leaking thermostat? I've had one quote for £200.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Depends on the engine and if they supply parts in the price.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the engine and if they supply parts in the price.
KV6. Not sure if they supply the part. Got the quote from one of those websites where garages bid for the work. I'm guessing it shouldn't be more than 2 hours labour?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
KV6. Not sure if they supply the part. Got the quote from one of those websites where garages bid for the work. I'm guessing it shouldn't be more than 2 hours labour?
To do it properly the inlet manifold has to come off.

What I meant about parts was the price including parts or plus parts.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To do it properly the inlet manifold has to come off.

What I meant about parts was the price including parts or plus parts.
Yes, I specified to the garage that mani must come off. (Is there any other way of doing it? :confused:) I'd have to contact them regarding parts. I'm guessing it doesn't include parts as they'd probably charge 80 quid for the thermostat alone.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
It is fiddly but possible to do it without removing the nanifold, I did it on mine.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I might have a look at it again myself to see what's involved. I'd have fixed it already if I had a proper garage but that's living in London for you.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I changed mine outside my house on the road on the double yellow lines in the drizzle one sunday afternoon in January .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts