MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my zs180 failed mot today but im not unduely worried as its failed on drivers side front velocity joint gaiter has split. just bought new one for £8 plus vat, so got to be happy at that, my m8s an x mechanic so he can do it ,lol

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Not bad at all :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
my zs180 failed mot today but im not unduely worried as its failed on drivers side front velocity joint gaiter has split. just bought new one for £8 plus vat, so got to be happy at that, my m8s an x mechanic so he can do it ,lol
£8? can't knock that! I take it no damage to the CV joint then? Did you just replace the boot?

Ironically I have just noticed some 'dark grease' on the top of my CV boot, not sure if there is a small split there or it's come from above - I need to take the OS/wheel off to inspect further. No knocking when cornering or anything though - maybe it's the time of year for these eh?

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
Just realised that mine (zs180)ran out on thursday so i took mine down to my mates branch of Quick Fitt for a test this morning.

Fail :hammerhea

Actually it is not so bad, it failed for having a rear stop bulb out (checked them yesterday), the daft thing is, that last year it failed for having the same sides tail light out (checked it the day before!!?!) :twak2:

Hardly a big deal.

Other things that were mentioned.

Drivers side CV boot needed a new zip tie on it. done on the spot :D
Headlight aim needed adjustment :D done on the spot.

The headlight aim is actually mine/Quick Fits fault, around 2 weeks back, when the darker nights/mornings started, i noticed my new Mk2 headlights were all over the shop, so i nipped down to my mates branch to put the car on the MOT testing equipment :)

The MOT tester was having a day off and nobody else was sure how they were supposed to be set, one lad said "i think they are supposed to be on line with that black dot" :D

I could tell the following morning they were off as i could magically see a lot more of the roadsigns lighting up LOL.

What they did mention (and show me) is that the flexi section of the front pipe, is looking worn, the flexible sheath type type thing is split, although the exhaust looks fine underneath, perfect excuse to decat :D

Came away with a certificate anyway, and a free bulb for next years test when no doubt another bulb will go the same day it gets tested :D

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
that time of year again for me...

The ZS failed this morning on the off side rubber gaiter.. nearside was repalced last year. It's to be fixed and retested on Saturday...

·
Watch out for Olli!!
373 Posts
Good luck everyone with the retests. But luckily none of you seem to havr to make any expensive repairs :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts