MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Smiling & Driving. It's a ZS thing!!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She failed her MOT yesterday, but she's repairable and work should be finished today, yay.

Failed on leaking power steering pump pipe, corroded front to rear brake pipe and track rod end.

The interesting bit is that the steering pump pipe is no longer available off the shelf, but they use a local company to make pipes to order thankfully.

Now that leads me to the "deal" that was done when MG/Rover went pop in 2005. Wasn't there a guarantee for all parts for 10 years, or is that just an urban myth?

·
Smiling & Driving. It's a ZS thing!!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No; I believe the '10 years parts supply' thing is embodied in an SMMT Code of Good Practice - but if a manufacturer goes out of business then all bets are off so to speak.
That makes sense. Thanks.

Which company are they using Jos?
Not sure Loz. It's a company in Penrith, but I'll ask at the garage when I pick up the ZS up later.

On a side note, was that you I spotted in the Burger King car park in Carlisle couple of Saturdays ago?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Not sure Loz. It's a company in Penrith, but I'll ask at the garage when I pick up the ZS up later.

On a side note, was that you I spotted in the Burger King car park in Carlisle couple of Saturdays ago?

Dont think so mate , was parked there a couple of months back on a recce to machine mart :yup: , ya might see me about though ,often go up carlisle, down the m6 to penrith and back along a66 for a blast out :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.