MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I declared sorn on my metro about three weeks ago, had confirmation on the web saying all went through please expect an email. I never received an email so sent my tax disk off a few days after to receive the cash back for the remaining months. Still not received the confirmation! Now I have a letter of failure to insure and they want £50 of my money and will go up to £100 if I don't pay in two weeks. OMFG seriously WTF do these retards actually do? I jump through every stupid hoop they put in place and they send me daft f^%$£ing letters.

The letter gives you 4 dispute reasons, the one closest to my situation is:

On the date (1/03/12) I had made SORN. Please enclose a copy of the sorn letter you got from the DVLA to confirm this, If you did not receive confirmation you are still liable.

I then ring them after being shunted round multiple mongs. They tell me Ive tried to declare sorn today and its failed. I politely said b^%%*cks have I! So the car has not been sorned. Its a case of "computer says no" "computer says noooo"

Where do I stand with this????

Snotty letter going to them tomorrow morning, I pay enough taxes etc and they aint getting a bean!

Apologies for the rant, I feel slightly better now advice appreciated? .... and relax :chill

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Hope you sort it, when I tax or sorn online I print the web conformation just incase something goes wrong.

I also have a multicar policy so keep all my cars insured, even if they have no tax or MOT as it only costs me £27 p/a.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Watch them as they are keen these days to go to court on such issues and baliffs then become involved. My mate got into hot water over a car I bought off him. He'd lost reg doc and I appalied for new one. They pursued him for failling to notify change of owner.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All now sorted after multiple snotty letters. Last one from me stating.

Section 7 Interpretations act 1978 (IA78) which reads as follows...

Where an Act authorises or requires any document to be served by post (whether the expression "serve" or the expression" give " or " send " or any other expression is used) then, unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing,pre-paying and posting a letter containing thedocumentand, unless the contrary is proved.

Basically the DVLA have to prove you sent the documentation, some legislation that actually helps the people! I found this info on PH, I suggest you bookmark this page as I don't expect the DVLA will change their working practices any time soon.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=1108171

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think MPs or watchdog will do much, the problem is there's no body that regulates or oversees them. I honestly don't know what they do with the post it also takes them over a month to process generic responses! If this was a private organisation they would be dead and buried.

Cheers Bob! Chat soon pal

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I always found that our local DVLC office was quite efficient,now this is up for closure.The transfer of my cherished no was always carried out over the counter.The only big problem I had was when a dealer sent all the paperwork to Swansea against my instructions, took six weeks to sort.

·
Passionate about MGR.Cars.
4,082 Posts
All now sorted after multiple snotty letters. Last one from me stating.

Section 7 Interpretations act 1978 (IA78) which reads as follows...

Where an Act authorises or requires any document to be served by post (whether the expression "serve" or the expression" give " or " send " or any other expression is used) then, unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing,pre-paying and posting a letter containing thedocumentand, unless the contrary is proved.

Basically the DVLA have to prove you sent the documentation, some legislation that actually helps the people! I found this info on PH, I suggest you bookmark this page as I don't expect the DVLA will change their working practices any time soon.
This is the same as any official body like a Court ( I know this from 1st hand experience). Basically if they send something by Royal Mail after 24 or 48 hours (forgot which) you are deemed to have recieved it no matter what! So if as I said to a local Court the ground opened up in front of my house & swallowed the postman I recieved it = their reply - yes!
How do You prove that the person in the court posted it? = They do. How do you prove the person from the court didn't drop the letter on the way to the letter box? = They don't.
How do you prove the postman idn't lose it or post it in the wrong house? You will have to take it up with the Post Office:mad: But how do I do that if I am not expecting a letter as in have no knowledge it has been sent? = Silence from other end!

Long & Short is one rule for the authorities & another for us!

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Theyre still at it.:irked:

Is it wrong to expect my SORN declaration and tax refund back after they have dropped the charges, basically admitting being wrong in the first place? Seems not!! The internal departments don’t communicate with each other or use the same database/system.

My next installment

Dear retards

Following receipt of you letter confirming the charges have been dropped and no further action will be taken in relation to the tax/insurance problem I have still not received my SORN declaration or my car TAX refund from February.

Having spoken with you tax refund department today they are unaware of the SORN and also the refund of tax due to me, they claim to have no information of the DVLAs final letter stating the charges have been dropped as this was from different department. They therefore advised I send this letter to the above address. I do not believe that different departments of an organisation as large as the DVLA do not share correspondence of its customers, I am only dealing with one organisation here and refuse to accept that one department does not know what the other is doing.

As the charges have been dropped I assume you are admitting you were in the wrong with the allegations and my initial correspondence requesting SORN and a tax refund was correct. I would be grateful if you could issue me the SORN declaration and refund me the tax as I originally requested back in February?

See what comes of this. Either im going mad or this is just next level, even for the DVLA.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Work out the interest you have lost on the money that wasnt refunded at the time.

Only be a small amount due to bank rate, but might concentrate their minds.

Ask for it to be added to your refund!!!

Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
All departments in all organizations communicate well when they want to extract your money. It's only when they have to give it back that a mysterious failure to communicate develops!

Case in point ParcelFarce 48. Took them 3 months and umpteen emails before they refunded me for a guaranteed delivery that was delivered late. They ask you for a receipt, even though it's already on their system. You give them alternative proof and they stall you another 8 weeks. It's all about wearing you down to the point where you give up. And in the end all I got was paltry partial refund.

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
DVLA know full well the situation surrounding posting yet they still try it on and arguably obtain money from people by means that could be described as fraudulent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.