MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Exhaust help

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  jms84 
#1 ·
Hi all. I want to buy a performance exhaust, so I decited to go Janspeed route. I wanted decat + intermediate + rear part. But then someone told me that intermediate pipe is waste of money. Is it true? or is there any better exhaust for ZS? I want some bhp gains. thanks for help. Mike

#7 · (Edited)
emisions in Slovakia are very high because there are many old cars here also without cats. But If you know someone who makes these emisions test than no problem for you. (I know this guy so no problem).
I don´t want to change my headers because of price/bhp gains.(somewhere I read that it give you 8bhp in top rpm.). So if i want to change it it will be better to change it all from headers? if I buy exhaust from janspeed for mk2 saloon is it direct fit? is piper exhaust better in bhp gains?

#8 ·
Change it none of mine have lasted more than six years from new. i went Piper cat back as you get the lot for £370 and its not to loud and pulled much better after.

#9 ·
yep my oem exhaust is rusty especialy rear silencer. I want something with better quality + bhp gains. There is a company making a stainless exhaust but they quoted me 1500euros for full exhaust( really much for that price I can get any brand of known exhaust makers). Is here someone who has own both piper and janspeed? thanks for your posts.

#10 ·
can anyone direct me to cheapest janspeed or piper exhaust? thanks and is it better to decat or sportcat the car? I only want Bhp gains. thanks for replyes

#12 ·
thanks I will go for decat - but dont know if janspeed or piper, I found that it is 50/50 on here in your cars . Piper has more tailpipes finishes but janspeed sound to me like they are build direct for a mg zs (imo)

#13 ·
One more. If i buy a decat from janspeed will it fit to piper cat back system? especialy bolts pattern ? thanks for reply.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.