MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There were two sad types who bought this model in our group. :rofl:

It was a 1:43 scale model that was retailing for £28 or £29.99 depending on the outlets.

A Sparkmodel produced by MINIMAX of Macau (20 miles from Honkers). Take a peek at www.sparkmodel.com

If anyone is interested I'll see if I can get a job lot directly from the supplier next time I'm in Hong Kong? :type:

PS. They also make car #34. :roll:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Jerry

Convenient that you neglected to mention that you were one of said "sad types". Mine looks good on top of the centre speaker above my TV. Now wheres that web site so that I can order the other.

Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess that's a resounding NO then. Just thought I could save the model collectors some money.

I would have looked at the whole range too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought car #34 at LM. Hope to see the KnightHawk car soon. Chasing down this company tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Knighthawk Car

Jerry,

Would be most interested in the above mentioned car if released from Sparkmodel. Did notice on Knighthawk's site that the team hope to do a print as well as a model car.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sparkmodels respond

Contacted the company who said both models are sold out at the moment.

I also quote what they said about this years cars "We will produce the models of this year later on".

I also asked them about the KnightHawk car.

They wont supply to me - only to retail oulets (they are a wholesaler). :yakyakyak

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Jerry - Does this mean that they will produce a Knighthawk Car in the near future?

Noticed on their site they have produced Le Mans 2002 cars already i.e Oreca Dallara Judd, Cougar Peugoet and the winning LMP675 Reynard.

They certainly don't hang about.

Trying to build my collection up of all past winners from 1970 to present in 1:43 scale to go in a display case. Got the 1991 Mazda, 1980 Rondeau, Sauber Mercedes 1989 and Kremer Porsche 935 of 1979. Also got other significant car which are rather special to me. One that comes to hand is the Geoff Lees Toyota GTO that got within 80 mins of winning in 1998.

Jim

PS - Sad collector!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KnightHawk model

Just heard that www.sparkmodel.com have a KightHawk limited edition LM24 car available.

Information supplied by JIM!

Theres a Jon Field car too - how do we get these cars? :D

Going to try Watermead models at www.watermeadmodels.co.uk tomorrow!

Dave S(Extreme), You've got me collecting 6R4 models now - just have the 4 to date! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An order

Just talked to JIM, he wants the KnightHawk model.

Therefore will order 2 + 1 Jon Field car, going to push for discount. If anybody wants one let me know before 0930 and this may help the dsicount cause! :idea:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Noticed from their website that they are advertising this years Le Mans works cars as well

Jerry if they have them can you order 1 of each, Knighthawk and John Field for me too please

·
Registered
521 Posts
Jerry

The Le Mans works cars are not limited editions. You could always exercise some patience, just like I definately, probably, might, maybe at a push will. Aw I give up, let me know if they have them and I will telephone an order through.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Skint!

Sorry chaps, unable to afford any of the current MG models - most definitely skint! Have spent too much money on Metro 6R4 / Rover SD1 models over the last few months, and just about to go on holiday...

Aswell as the models by Spark, don't forget you can also get the 2001, 2002 and Knighthawk cars as 1/43rd scale resin model kits. I appreciate that these require careful assembly, paint and decalling, which might not be up everyones street. Still worth getting. If you collect models, you have to have one of every possible kind available!

Have also just found some details of another EX257 model. But on this occasion it is to a whopping 1/24th scale!!! Usually ends up about 6 - 7" long. Not sure how far off these models are as yet, but they are made by a French company called Profil 24. See below for a photo of the body I found somewhere (!) on the www

Kind regards,

David

PS - Jerry, glad to hear youv'e got the 6R4 collecting bug! Once bitten, it really does grab hold. Which are the 4 models you've got then?

Attachments

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Spark Models

Just checked the www.sparkmodel.com website. They have the 2002 Sebring entries of Knighthawk and Intersport both listed as Limited Editions of 750 each!

Don't wait too long chaps!

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FAO Extreme

Dave,

Just phoned the guys out till later.

64R's:

IXO - McCrae Rothmans RAC 1986
IXO - Auriol - French Championsip 1986
IXO - Wilson - Sanremo - 1986
SKID - Pond RAC - 1985 (most expensive)

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
6R4 Collection

Sorry Jerry, slightly off thread, but you've got the start of a nice 6R4 collection there!

The Skid RAC car came out last summer and has now all but gone from the dealers. That is why it was more expensive! Skid no longer exist, IXO bought them.

IXO have also just released the test car as used by Ayrton Senna in the November 1986 issue of Cars & Car Conversions, through their Dutch importer Replicar. Only limited to 1000 models, this is expected to sell out very quickly - understandably!

Maybe this should be under Site Suggestions, but what about having a section for collectables, ie models, prints, videos, press material etc... Just a thought?

Kind regards and keep collecting,

David

·
Registered
521 Posts
For the Profil 24 kits and other resin kits, go to the Grand Prix Models web site - www.grandprixmodels.co.uk/index.html They also do a rather buxom MG girl sitting on one of the cars. Prices for the 1/24 scale car is £80.00 plus postage or, are you sitting down, £350.00 for a ready assembled model, oh and the MG lass £24.95 ready painted. None are available yet, prices are guide to expected cost. They also have the knighthawk car as an option.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just ordered the Senna 6R4 and the KnightHawk and Jon Field EX257's from Watermead models.

Tel 01296 423119 (Nigel Copcut)

The EX257's should be £26.00, but he offers discount with a multiple order!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts