MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
i hate evo's no idea why, but i do sorry
I don't.

As far as looks are concerned, that's been dropped just enough. What's it done to the ride and handling? Have you had the geometry adjusted to suit the drop?

Nice car :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hate evo's no idea why, but i do sorry
Because it's not out of longbridge... Lol

I don't.

As far as looks are concerned, that's been dropped just enough. What's it done to the ride and handling? Have you had the geometry adjusted to suit the drop?

Nice car :)
Going in for laser alignment very soon.

Ride is great. Considering I'd read of people saying that the tein springs make it harsh and crashy.... Well I guess these people haven't driven a lowered MG. feels more responsive and nice and firm (less body roll)

Took me 5 1/2 hours which I thought was good considering it was the first time I'd worked on it.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Great car had an VIII, years ago. All I did was fit AP's and Cuscos braces.

First EVO was a VI GSR (official UK car), then a VII and finally an VIII. Been tempted so many times by a X. Would have the RS version for sale by JRM.

What's the next mode? Don't go mad you'll loose all the cash you invest.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great car had an VIII, years ago. All I did was fit AP's and Cuscos braces.

First EVO was a VI GSR (official UK car), then a VII and finally an VIII. Been tempted so many times by a X. Would have the RS version for sale by JRM.

What's the next mode? Don't go mad you'll loose all the cash you invest.
Mines a IX FQ320 mapped to 407bhp with a few subtle performance mods.

Won't be going mad on modding got some USDM rear lights on the way from over seas, tints all round soon, debadge and maybe black out/ de tango the front lights.

Going stealth!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
. . . Ride is great. Considering I'd read of people saying that the tein springs make it harsh and crashy.... Well I guess these people haven't driven a lowered MG.
That's a good result.

. . . . feels more responsive and nice and firm (less body roll)

That's the big gripe I've got with my standard WRX hatch - too wobbly. It's a little more floaty than our old bugeye WRX, while missus's 2007 2.5 WRX saloon (hawkeye?) is firmer. None of the three Imprezas compare well to the handling of the ZS180 - it feels like it corners flatter and faster than any of them - just a shame the KV6 can't be persuaded to go quicker. . . . . but that's the other problem with the WRX - tiny little throttle delay when putting the foot down - and it's worse when taking my foot off - the KV6 has nowhere near the power or the torque of the 2.5 boxer, but compared to the Impreza, response is instant and you can also feel the WRX's extra 200 odd kilos of flab.

I could sort thee little issues out, but I'm too tight to . . .

a) spend money on modifications
b) buy an evo

:)

As for 407 bhp . . . . :agh: :D

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Looks a lot better now:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts