MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passion for Rover 220gti's, Coupe's and Zed's has very sadly finally come to an end last week. We had 2 K series HG failures in the space of 4 days :agh: who would believe it. My wifes low mileage (33,000) 04 TF 135 went first. Hers went in a real royal manner, no warning sign, no nothing but apart from a maxing heat gauge going up a hill and then a trail of white smoke coming out of the rear and alot of black gunk in what was an extremely clean engine bay :(. My ZS failed differently and I would recommend that people check there engines closely as I have heard a lot of people saying I have had a sudden drop of coolant but no mixing of the water and oil. This is likely to be the water pump failing like in my case and then the effect of that is the HG will fail. Obviously a failed water pump isnt easily spotted, so be careful if you are getting unusual coolant loss.
We decided to keep the TF and it has been and come back from British Legends (based in Essex's\ Southend) last week which I cant recommend enough, thanks British Legends :) awesome work and so much knowledge (Why didnt I know about this place before messing with the charger).
We had the chinese engineered gasket fitted which will hopefully fix the K HG problem for good along with a full belt change and water pump (extremely competive pricing). Sadly my 02 ZS isnt worth the repair work financially so I must say my sad fairwells to the forum and thank everyone for all their help over my years of being a member.
I dont want to rub it in but I bought an Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 TS and jesus, its in another league to the ZS and what alot of car for your money it really is (Sorry I didnt say this to offend, I love british cars through and through). I personally thought I wouldnt find better value for money than a MG and I have been sadly wrong. Best wishes everyone and maybe one day I will return but for now I am relying on you lot to keep the MG brand alive :).

If anyone is interested I have a Renault Laguna splitter that was once fitted to my ZS V6 with a blue WSR sticker on it in the garden if someone is close to me in Chatham Kent and fancies it for a small donation. I also have a box full of stuff for the V6 and K ZS if anyone does live close by.

Alfa may have style, Subaru may have speed, Lotus may have cool sports cars but MG has something I could never explain. Fairwell, my fello MG buddies :wave:

·
Registered
382 Posts
****** - I was in Hoo this evening collecting a Midget, could have dropped by. In fact we stopped in Higham for a bite to eat.
Sorry to hear about the HGFs and trust you'll be happy with the Alfa - another make tarred with the brush of 'perceived' quality issues and problems, yet avoid the dogs and they will reward you. Keep safe - until your return....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.