MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having searched the interweb to see if i can find out some definitive answers, and ending up confusing myself (not hard), does anyone know, when buying a used car from mainland europe , ie France, Holland , Germany etc, what import duty, taxes, vat etc are due when importing it into this country?
Thanks peeps

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Having searched the interweb to see if i can find out some definitive answers, and ending up confusing myself (not hard), does anyone know, when buying a used car from mainland europe , ie France, Holland , Germany etc, what import duty, taxes, vat etc are due when importing it into this country?
Thanks peeps
If its a used car and tax was paid when new then there is no tax to import it, if its a van or other vehiucal which may have been purchased without tax being paid then you have to pay VAT same as if you buy a used van in this country that has been owned by a VAT registered company so has not had VAT paid on it yet.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers dude, so if all taxes/duty have been paid regarding its residing country ,then none are due to import it here, think that's right .

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Cheers dude, so if all taxes/duty have been paid regarding its residing country ,then none are due to import it here, think that's right .
Yeah I have been involved with cars imported both ways (folks live in France) and as long as its a second hand car and all taxes have been paid on it then there is no tax or import duty just the regestration th change over, you need a certificate of permenent export from the country you are bringing the car from.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, the thread title is EU Imports!!!!
Yep, i have no doubt you are quite correct spectre, although my personal interst would be US imports into the EU, i think talkingcars has latched onto that, dont want to cause any conflict and mabe my first post wasn't very clear, thanks for the advice dude

1 - 7 of 7 Posts