MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old paper license needs replacing due to change in personal details so I was wondering if there's any benefit in paying DVLA 20 quid to remove an expired endorsment? Seems a bit rich that they would transfer a 20 year old endorsement onto my new license! I thought these would be removed automatically? I can't see an old endorsement affecting me in any way so just wondering if it's worth the cost just to have a really "clean" license.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to pay to replace the licence, and then pay more for them not to copy a long time expired endorsement?
From what I can understand there's no fee to replace my old license if it's due to a change in personal details. A fee of £20 is mentioned for removal of old points but I'm not sure if that applies to me..... bit confused here.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
I don't expect they would put the out of date endorsment on the new license so I think you will get a new clean one for free. If they really do put it on the new one then that is the time to think about paying, not now!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't expect they would put the out of date endorsment on the new license so I think you will get a new clean one for free. If they really do put it on the new one then that is the time to think about paying, not now!
Yeah. that's probably the way to go. Thanks.

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
Yeah. that's probably the way to go. Thanks.
They don't put expired endorsements on your new licence. That's why when I moved I waited until some points had cleared until I sent it off to change my address.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts