MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi Pete,
I take it this comes loaded with the map for your engine? If so what spec?

Can I just wire this straight into my engine as I already run coil packs but I would prob require larger injectors to enable me to loose the 7th injector supplied by sprintex.

Basically I need to ensure I could get the car running to drive
It to emerald or someone who could prOgramme the unit to allow for boost increase etc.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Pete,
I take it this comes loaded with the map for your engine? If so what spec?

Can I just wire this straight into my engine as I already run coil packs but I would prob require larger injectors to enable me to loose the 7th injector supplied by sprintex.

Basically I need to ensure I could get the car running to drive
It to emerald or someone who could prOgramme the unit to allow for boost increase etc.

Cheers
Paul
Set to run serperate coil pack and ht leads for 6 pot or use on 4 pot with vvc or vtech type mechs. 6 injectors ok 7 not sure you would need to check with emerald

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
will need to tweek the map but will work.

fit the bigger injectors, scale the map to suit, add some boost compensations (assuming its been mapped alpha-n).

preferable to trailler it to the rollers but 'should' be able to drive it, take a laptop and a mate.

Drew

·
Registered
385 Posts
will need to tweek the map but will work.

fit the bigger injectors, scale the map to suit, add some boost compensations (assuming its been mapped alpha-n).

preferable to trailler it to the rollers but 'should' be able to drive it, take a laptop and a mate.

Drew
mine has no ht leads do you recon this will make any difference??

prob with biggger injectors is getting the rear ones under the charger. Ross has some Denso's 380cc ones that i am looking to pickup but he thinks there are clearance issues at the rear.

Are you aware of any bigger injectors that may be a better fit??

cheers
Paul

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
yeah the wiring will be wrong. possible to change, depends on how the emerald works (ive actually never used one!)

id suggest grouping the coils into 3 pairs and running wasted spark. id guess the injectors will need to be the same and run in semi sequential.

arnt the injectors just a std pico size injector? you'll need to block the air injection in the std manifolds, i never had any running problems doing that on mine.

Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.