MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite like the suffix ELO on Jerrys new machine, so have been thinking about some of the hits from the band of the same name and how appropriate they are, especially as they also come from Birmingham.
For instance, "Mr Blue Sky" (1978) goes quite well, regarding the colour, And then we have "All over the world" (1980) as befits his avaitor type status, and not to mention "Livin' Thing" (1977) which sums up the cars agility, poise and presence, methinks.
I guess "Sweet Talkin' Woman" (1978) is Max when she wants to borrow it........:D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Just been trying to think of something to go with the 10538 Overture - not so easy, annual mileage must be more than that.

G

·
ELO in the CD changer

Sweet talking woman is just retired. Like you Dave - I quite like the plate. Laugh - I did put an "ELO" CD in the changer yesterday morn before we began our journey, as i thought it most appropriate. :D

What, of you any nearer to a MGR product?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Almost done the 3 months induction period with the new firm, (Not doing anything till thats up)and the car policy is being announced soon. Depending on how much I'm beng offered, the ZS120 will be the choice for all round practicality. Already talking to various lease companies, but I'll also have to arrange my own insurance which could be as high a £2500 (Lotsa miles with a few quids worth of kit):mad:

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
ZS 120 - nice choice, I can thoroughly recommend the all practicality of the model.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the amount of kit I lug around, tools and test equipment, The 5 door hatch will be the one, and have more or less decided on red. pleased to note that there are several 45's cropping up in the pool in this firm, too. Talked to PHH Arval leasing today over this and they are going to come up with some prices. But as this gets more competitive as more companies offer employees the chance to hand in the keys, there is talk of some very interesting deals in the offing. The only fly in the ointment is that insurance companies are cashing in. They say, however, that the Rover 25 1.1 is ultra competitive in this game.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
If you are up this way again then give us a call, quick trip around the block in a ZS120 5 door in red.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts