MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
£357.00 renewal Quote
4K Miles Per year. (Social and domestic)
£500 voluntary + £100 compulsory excess.
+NCB Protected.
+Courtesy car
+Glass replacement.

So, the Zed survives another year! Whew! Been with them 3 years running now and consistently the cheapest.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Good old welsh buisness see boyo! Tbh I've just chucked my traders policy in and gone back to normal but nobody would reckognise my past full ncb as it was now null and void. They (elephant/admiral) gave me 4yrs ncb as they were last company I had been with, and did my Zed and my Note fully comp for £470.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Their cheep because their ****.
I had loads of hassle with them. Get what you pay for I suppose

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their cheep because their ****.
I had loads of hassle with them. Get what you pay for I suppose
Well, i hope i never have cause to find out. Right now I'm only interested in keeping the Zed on the road at minimal cost.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
They are all **** when it comes down to the requirement to make a claim. So I look at it as going with the best deal that any **** company can offer me in the current economic climate.

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
£357.00 renewal Quote
4K Miles Per year. (Social and domestic)
£500 voluntary + £100 compulsory excess.
+NCB Protected.
+Courtesy car
+Glass replacement.

So, the Zed survives another year! Whew! Been with them 3 years running now and consistently the cheapest.
.................600 quid excess :daft:.F**k that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nah, elephant claims department are pretty decent. When I had a non fault smash, I was in a hire car the same day, and and had the zed back from the body shop 2 weeks later. Pretty quick and painless tbh. Unlike Aviva who are messing my missus about with her claim. Take my advise, don't let a tree fall on your car!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
.................600 quid excess :daft:.F**k that.
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of increasing the excess to bring the premium down further. On a car whose value the insurance company base on Parker's guide (1200 quid at the very best) and are too happy to write off if you try to claim for the slightest ding, it makes sense. That and the fact that I haven't had an accident in almost 30 years and the car spends most of the time garaged right now anyway. So what might seem :daft: to some, is a reasoned calculation for others.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Peter Best sounds about right for you then. They will do a classic car policy as long as you belong to mg owners club. Quoted me around £200 last year but I still had traders policy going and decided to keep it. Only reason I went with Elephant this year was to get back on the ladder of ncb as it were. Plus the good deal doing both cars. I think when extortionate premium comes through next year, I will finally turn to PB myself.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Peter Best sounds about right for you then. They will do a classic car policy as long as you belong to mg owners club. Quoted me around £200 last year but I still had traders policy going and decided to keep it. Only reason I went with Elephant this year was to get back on the ladder of ncb as it were. Plus the good deal doing both cars. I think when extortionate premium comes through next year, I will finally turn to PB myself.
I went to the website. Some of the conditions seems a bit ambiguous or discretionary. Let's just say, I couldn't answer YES to all the questions (the car is less than 10y/o for a start) which would mean a manual quote and no online discount. And I get the impression that you don't accrue any NCB with them. So what happens after a couple of years? Is a new insurer going to honor a "letter of good driving"? Also I've been stung so many times by an initially low quote only to be hit by a major renewal hike the following the year. Think I might stick with Welsh boyos for the time being or unless things start looking desperate next year before looking at other options.

·
Registered
600 Posts
300 a year?! HA i pay more then that a month for my Zed!! :( I currently pay 435 a month for my zed such a joke :(
435!! a month! thats crazy ...ive just done my quote for this year im 21 got 2 years ncb and its £940,£400 excess for the year coutesey car, legal fees,glass replacement. and thats a zs 180 with mods listed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
435!! a month! thats crazy ...ive just done my quote for this year im 21 got 2 years ncb and its £940,£400 excess for the year coutesey car, legal fees,glass replacement. and thats a zs 180 with mods listed.
Haha yep forgot to mention this is my first years driving and my first car, Gte my first NCB in december ;) already done quetos and coming back at 200 a month Which isn't bad considering im paying 400 haha

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Sadly (insurance wise )I live in Liverpool & most seem to want to rob me(that's if they'll even insure a modded motor)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts