MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question,

I am planning on getting a Electric window conversion kit to replace the anoyying manel wind down windows in my zed lol the ones I am looking at are farly cheap but I keep hearing mixed opions on them, People saying they will break easy and dont last others say there good and do the job So I'm not sure If I should get them, Just wondering what you guys think and if any of you have used them?!

These are what I'm on about

Universal Electric Power Window Conversion Kit

Any Ideas? Or have you got anything cheap and better?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I'd try to fit original equipment. The early civic rear electrics can be transplanted into a ZS.

There is someone selling rear electric window conversion on themgzs. As with all forum purchases though caution should be exercised.
Yeah I was looking at the orginally ZR ones on ebay but people wont like 40+ just for the one window lol

·
No longer a Rover / MG owner.
1,152 Posts
If you are after ZR electric windows you will find that a lot of Rover 25's and some R200's have electric windows fitted as standard. My old 200vi had electric windows and they are same as ZR ones I think.

May be worth trying your local scrappy or Rover breakers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you are after ZR electric windows you will find that a lot of Rover 25's and some R200's have electric windows fitted as standard. My old 200vi had electric windows and they are same as ZR ones I think.

May be worth trying your local scrappy or Rover breakers.
Yeah I know its just getting ahold of some for cheap lol, I will check out the scrappys thanks :)

MG ZS STE said:
Thought this was a ZS, sorry. Maybe aftermarket is the way to go then?
I nearly made that mistake - LOL
Hahaa sorry should of pointed that out ;)

·
MG ZS 180 MGB GT V8
159 Posts
I would check your local scrappy first - I got the winders, door looms, door switches and centre console switches for £20 - all taken from an R reg Rover 400 saloon. There will probably be a few 400's and 45's scrapped, either from crashes or MOT failures/head gasket failures.

I'd go for OE over aftermarket if possible, mine came from a car that was 8 years old and were on my car for 7 years - they never let me down and still moved up and down as well as ever when I let the car go. They will bolt on and connect in to the wiring much easier than any aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
the aftermarket kit is horrendous, cheap and nasty, id be trying to get down the scrappys and get the wiring looms, regs and doorcards out a 25 zr or 200

1 - 9 of 9 Posts