MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a legal minimum speed for driving in a built up area?

I keep following taxis driving as though they are curb crawling. I'm sure if I was seen driving at the speed of some of them by the police, I would be pulled over.

Then they get to the traffic lights, and just drive through the red light.

Patrick

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I was behind a taxi this afternoon in a 40mph zone. Spotted a carton of curry on its roof. It must have travelled a mile out of town before it launched itself. Woman driving it didn't have a clue it was there or it had flown off.

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
Taxi drivers have a different highway code to normal motorists, and rule No.1 is that there are no rules!
You got that right mate!! They p*** me right off!! Sometimes want to get out and rip them out the car and kick f*** into them but then I think is it worth going to jail lol.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Thread of win!

Taxi driver rule number 2;

You can park anywhere so long as you use your hazards

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
There is no minimum speed limit.

Yeah they drive slowly on the lookout for there next client, a right pain in the a**e in the middle of London as they always park at an awkward angle so you can't get past them easily!

Driving an hgv in town is not always ideal, but defensive driving comes in very handy, but they always seem to cut you up and sneak down the inside of you!

They have there own rules the same as London bus drivers!!. :guns:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Technically you could get done for obstructing the Highway if you travel too slow. But such rarity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts