MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nope, coz I listen to Radio 2 as well, although that's normally when I get sick of the CDs :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hey, there's nowt wrong with Radio 2.. I quite enjoy the interviews J Walker conducts during drivetime on the way home.... :)

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Can't knock Radio 2. Especially on Saturdays.

Just changed what's in the car - Stones live and Led Zep 4.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My guess is that quite a few of us are of the age that radio 2 now sounds like radio 1 used to when we were about 14 to 20 (the current radio 1 age group) also I agree about saturdays Johnathon Ross's programme is one of the funniest things on the radio.:D

As for current cd's

ZZ top Rio Grande Mud :cool:
Alabama Three (theme to the Sopranos)
Mammas and Pappas greatest hits
The cream of Eric Clapton

I cant remember the other 2 :mad:

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
I shall miss JY when he goes, Radio 2 won't be the same, though I think he will be on at weekend, not the same though

·
The Scarlet one returns...
1,040 Posts
2 specific CDs spring to mind:

Top Gear 3 - It has an F on the cover!

and

Engine Room Of The Apocalypse, by the Engine Room Of The Apocalypse -

This is Neil Willetts' band, he of the Exhaust Fumes articles recently in MG World magazine. He owns an F and the album is dedicated to Trevor Taylor. Also, on the inner cover is a thankyou to Dr Bob (Rob Bell, from the MGF forum) and a certain Scarlet Fever... ;)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Try a song called 'Crash' by the Primitives.

It can be found on the Dumb and Dumber motion picture soundtrack - good driving music and very appropriate :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Both Mr. Kev Neal and myself insist that the works of Walter Becker and Donald Fagan (AKA Steely Dan) are wholly beyond question, whether you are driving (Or doing anything else)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Did anyone notice that radio stations yesterday were playing all the 'sunny summer songs' to mark the beautiful afternoon?

I was listening to Radio 2 - some good tunes on there. Pity it took me 2.25 hours to get home last night (40 miles) because the motorway was shut and the A420 to Chippenham was tailbacked the whole way :(

Still - some good music kept me company on the long journey home.

G

·
XPower Admin! said:
Now tend to listen to Radio 2 - can't stand Radio 1 these days - all the feeble inuendo's. [/B]
He he... I am an ex-pat brit.... and on one visit back home a few years ago I was asking ym brother why Steve Wright and Simon Bates weren't on Radio 1 any more.... his reply.... "blimey bro' try Radio 2!"

Now.. Car and driving Music..

On the odd occasions that I was driving Metro 6R4's to and from test sessions/races/rallies... anything was good, AS LONG AS IT WAS LOUD!
In my Integrale (can I say that on this forum?) I play Green Day...... that's it... Lancia Integrale.... Green Day.. it just fits.

Ciao..

Mike.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts