MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've snipped this from this weeks carsource newsletter. I especially liked the last bit about what people hate.. *** drivers... :)

Ever been surprised by the rage you can sometimes feel behind the wheel of a car? Ordinary things, things that you'd normally never even notice, can suddenly become grounds for 10 minutes of teeth-gnashing and impromptu swearing.
Well, it's now official that we get irritated by, er, more or less anything when driving. FTV, the company who operate television at petrol stations, has released details of their survey in which drivers listed almost 50 things that really annoyed them when driving. The list (as well as the obvious ones like traffic) includes rubbish thrown out of cars, people not wearing seatbelts, slow drivers, tractors, and *** drivers. We think they need to take a chill pill - but would you dare tell that to an angry motorist?

So question is, what do we reckon the full list is?

G

·
No surprises there! - I'd imagine few of us haven't at some time been dangerously overtaken at some blind bend by some wide-boy prat in a ***. (only to catch up with them at the next set of lights!)

Happens to me every other day anyway!:D

G

·
Now you've started me off!!:D :D So, in no particular order:
1; Old people wearing hats
2; *** drivers
3; Speed traps/cameras in sneaky places
4; Unmarked Police cars
5; Lorries overtaking each other on 2 lane carriageways at 56mph
6; MPV's doing school run
7; 4x4's doing school run
8; People who don't indicate on roundabouts
9; Pedestrians who jaywalk across the road in front of you & glare whilst doing so
10; Cyclists
11; Volvo drivers (sorry mate i didn't see you!)
12; Middle lane cruisers
13; Hesitators at junctions
14; Caravans
15; Buses
16; People who hit your door with trollies/their own door in car parks
17; Bird sh*t!
18; People who cut you up
19; Rubberneckers
20; Roadworks
Any i've missed??

·
Registered
362 Posts
Additions

21. Drivers taking an age to park in a space that can clearly fit at least two or thier car in to it...

22. Drivers who park in the rear petrol pump bay when the one in front is about to become free, thus holding me up for another five minutes.......arghhhh

23. People who park across two bays or leave a shopping trolley smack bang in the middle of one, usually out of sight until you are halfway in..........

24. Taxi's that think coz they have a fare they can cut you up and lane hop.

25. Little boyz in Nova's driving right up ur arse, coz they clearly have a right to push you along, risking their bolt on halfords bumper at the risk of your gleaming new machine.

26. Drivers who come off a roundabout on to dual carriageways and stay on the outside lane while doing half the speed you could be doing..

There's a few more for the books, there must be some more.......:confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
27 Drivers who go at 55mph in a 60 limit then keep at that speed when the lmit changes to 30

·
Registered
214 Posts
another few pet hates :
1. motorway signs that say ' LANE CLOSED 800 YARDS' and when you get there it isnt.
2. drunk drivers.
3. caravans
4. people who sit in traffic wiyh the tunz pumpin. (i know this p***es people off cause im guilty!:D )
5. coppers. (over 300 producers in 2years is a bit much!)

think that covers nearly everything don't it?

·
The Scarlet one returns...
1,040 Posts
28. "Centre Lane Missile" - A person who enters a motorway straight into the centre or overtaking lane at 'warp factor 9' :mad:

29. "CLOOLESS" drivers - Centre Lane Oblivios Occupiers Leading to Excessive Stress and Strain. People who just sit there in thier own little world - :mad:FUME!!!!:mad:

30. Pheasants - Note NOT peasants!!! I'm talking about the game birds that are very obviously reincarnated Kamikaze pilots. They lurk in the verges waiting for you to aproach on a nice sunny day, carefully they put on thier bandannas and make thier peace with thier gods. Then at the last possible moment they shout "BANZAI!" and hurl themselves out directly in front of your shiny MG that you have spent ages cleaning and polishing! BANG!, "Eh? where did that snow storm come from?":confused: "Bugger!, looks like i'm gonna be picking entrails out of the grilles again!!" :mad: YUCK!:mad:

·
Registered
441 Posts
You all forgot mentioning 1.
ya know the somesort of human species which is the only lower in rank then police (which are allready lowest on the rank of mammals) and those lowest lowlifes are as we call them in Holland "Parkeer Beheer" which could be translated as "Parking watch/guard" or somethin' like that.

Or there is an other english word for that which I don't know so it maybe does is mentioned in which case I say sorry :)

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dennis,

In english, we call them "Traffic Wardens"....

Foruntately, there don't seem to be many around my way (at last count, there were 2 in my home town)... :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hya,

not many around there ??
It's a g*d d*mned plague ere. Hated by everyone who ownes a car. Specially in the big cities like Rotterdam, DenHaag and Amsterdam.
Those are the type of people which made the NSB big in the 40's.
Most traffic wardens are ugly women with a fat ass btw....pfftss, them wheelclamb b*tches:mad:

Guess you found out by now that I don't like them :D

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
296 Posts
* People who pull onto roundabouts without looking and cause you to brake heavily to avoid them :mad:

* Mobile phone users!

* The fact I need stronger engine internals to get big power :D

And so forth ....

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Happily driving along the road, some t055er then pulls out in front of you from a side road making you brake and sit behind them as they make no effort to accelerate with any haste. Look in your mirror!!! There's noone there. Why didn't the moron wait????

You then look ahead and the ars3 is braking cos he now wants to turn right!!!!!!!!!!!! Sit behind it for a minute while it now waits for a gap in traffic. :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts