MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thursday night driving back from the gym wound the window down to get some fresh air and geuss what.....my window wouldnt go back up! working in london i was not best impressed checked all the fuses but none had gone...

in the end had to phone RAC to help me out as i had left tools at work. had to detach glass from the motor to push glass up and put some rubber in to stop dropping..

wasnt to bad in the end i got a motor from a rover breakers for £35 and managed to fit it myself with help of my brother all in all change took just under an hour...

only thing ive noticed now though is the switch seems to be a bit tempermental...

·
Registered
398 Posts
When you say temperamental do you mean auto down?

If so something blocking it's progress. Mine was my crossover for my speakers lol!

Check it all again just to make sure

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say temperamental do you mean auto down?

If so something blocking it's progress. Mine was my crossover for my speakers lol!

Check it all again just to make sure
no no ...the window comes down fine just some times when i press for it to go back up it doesnt want to work have to either put more pressure on or give it a wiggle.. will have a better look another time just to cold and wet to be taking car apart..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anybody know where i can get a new window motor from for the driver side window? hope you can help cheers.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd check connections. Had similar issue when upgraded rears to electric. Was the multi pin plug in the door was causing the issue. Just had to disconnect it, squirt of silicon spray, reconnect. Roberts your fathers brother.
havnt tried that but tested the switch and the switch works,tested motor and the motor actually works.....narrowed it down to the ecu box behhind the central console its making a clicking noise so ive been looking around today to find one and its gonna coost me bout 120 for it just hope it is that and not some thing else...

guy said he needed some barcode or something to programme it or its gonna cost 200 for new fob does any one know what this is?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
havnt tried that but tested the switch and the switch works,tested motor and the motor actually works.....narrowed it down to the ecu box behhind the central console its making a clicking noise so ive been looking around today to find one and its gonna coost me bout 120 for it just hope it is that and not some thing else...

guy said he needed some barcode or something to programme it or its gonna cost 200 for new fob does any one know what this is?
been searching on these forums to find a cheaper fix found a comapny that repairs them for around £80. should get it sent of today and he will phone me to let me know if its repariable or not.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
driver side window

hope some one can help....ive had problems with the drivers side window not going up so i took out the scu and sent it off to some one who can test the relays....shown me that everything is working as it should but obviously this doesnt solve my problem with the window not working.....if its not the scu and the motor works what could it possibly be?

could really do with some help please..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: driver side window

been asking around people have told me that there could be a break in the cable ....took the door card off ...again..tried to have a look by taking the cables out of the flexible tube taking tape off etc...cant see any thing think i will have to wait to get the scu back put it all back together and get some one to look at it..i do love my car but its times like these that really make me hate it! i hope i dont have any more issues...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

you can cheat and wire the switch to elec mirrors to get round issue I think to get power to the switch for window
well my scu is on its way back so ill wait and see what i can doo...do some continuity tests see if there is a break in the cable somewhere.

tbh i would like it all to work as it should but i suppose if there is a break in the cable myt be an issue depending on where the break is...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so ive had the scu checked and everything is working, its on its way back to me tomorow so the only thing i can think to do is do is check for breaks in the wires if no luck then does any body no a good auto electrition they could recommend that wont charge me an arm and a leg...

hope some one can help this is soo frustrating!

·
Registered
4 Posts

you can cheat and wire the switch to elec mirrors to get round issue I think to get power to the switch for window
Hi, could please give me more details on how to get power from mirror to make window switch work as I have this problem also ! I have got a new switch and that did not fix it and no broken wires so looks like the scu, don't really want to mess with that so the ''cheat'' sounds a good option.I need help with this as I am a carpenter not a sparky!!
Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Hi, could please give me more details on how to get power from mirror to make window switch work as I have this problem also ! I have got a new switch and that did not fix it and no broken wires so looks like the scu, don't really want to mess with that so the ''cheat'' sounds a good option.I need help with this as I am a carpenter not a sparky!!
Thanks in advance !
i managed to fix mine myself as i am a spark myself, i didnt think i had a broken cable until i had a proper look at it , it was sitting in the connecters at the door but was infact broken if you wiggle a couple of the cables like i did you will probably find the problem and its easy cheap fix..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts