MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, anyone any ideas - I say not working but it actually does once window is halfway down

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Silicon lubricant spray in the channels worked a treat for me the other day, I've never had a properly working one shot on this door or the previous until I did this.

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
Silicon lubricant spray in the channels worked a treat for me the other day, I've never had a properly working one shot on this door or the previous until I did this.
Was going to suggest that

only thing that works IME

available from maplins

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys - will give it a go tonight.
Think its lack of use, only open window to use pass for car park at work and only go in car a couple of times per month

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
Mine struggles when it's really cold and needs about 4 clicks to fully open the window. Like this morning not so cold and is one click and all the way down no problem.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brilliant tip guys, thanks.
Dropped window down, bit of a spray in channels and it works again.
Love a free fix, especially when I was expecting to be stripping door down and faffing about with mechanism or something. Probably a good prompt to apply some to all the windows actually.
Bonus is that the Autosmart spray I already has smells lovely - just like Lucozade orange sweets! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts