MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I've got a small collection of these *******s, mostly on the passenger side of my car. Turns out, ZR door skins are paper thin and complete arse.

SO, my thinking is the majority of them will just push out so I'm planning to take the door card of my rear door and just give them a gentle tap back out. I need to remove the water proof membrane, and I want to seal it up properly - what is the stuff MG Rover used to seal the membrane to the doors? - I've been planning to seal the front doors properly too, so here's my excuse.

Also, do you think small dents (none deep actually, they just reflect the sodding light badly) would push out with ease?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
When I bought the ZS it had a few dings on the front wings, doors and up on the roof above the o/s/r pass door!

Got Dingsaway to remove them, cost was about £50 per ding, but you can negotiate with them, got 3 + a little one, done for £110. Providing the paints not cracked or damage you cant see where they have repaired them.

Think there are a lot of these dent removal guys around now.

As you say the skins so soft I would be scared of pushing too hard and ending up with a bulge where the dent was.

Hope you get it sorted, think its a matter of staying out of car parks!!

:wave:

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
dont attempt to do it your self, once the metal has been "dink'd" it has stretched, there fore to put it right again you have to massage the metal back and this is what the dent people do, for the sake of £60 i would get the pro's in to do it

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Reckon you should go on a course Steve, bet you see loads of little dinks and dings when you do your magic. Stevescleenz and dent removal!!!

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
its one thing i would love to do, but it is an art, the amount of work i put through to my dent man is unbelivable

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
You'll knacker it right up if you try and diy it I promise. Let the pro's do it. Get one panel done for £50 and try and sweet talk the guy for cash in hand on the others.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its a fact of car ownership...park in asda.tesco,and dinks will happen,Ive got them on the ZS.Im with the crowd and recommending the professionals m8,dont do it yourself you could stretch the metal back out making more of an eyesore!!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
You watch these guys at work and it's an art. I'm lucky,can't name firm but I always get a great deal.

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
You watch these guys at work and it's an art. I'm lucky,can't name firm but I always get a great deal.

Go on ;)

I used dent devils once, charged me £100 for 2 dents and must say I was abit disappointed. You can still see the ripples he left from bashing the dent out. Am I too picky or should it look like new?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I seem to get lots of deep "key" scratches. :(

Looked at my car today, to find yet another one, 3" vertical swiggle down to the primer, this time.

I was looking at getting the others spayed out last month. Luckily I didn't.

:sad:
Patrick

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Well I used them last month and had four little tricky ones on n/s/f wing top alone where a small stereo speaker had fallen off the garage shelf. A very recent one to o/s/r door which was awkward to get at, and a small one to top of n/s/f door for £90 and a perfect result yet again.

·
Flying the Flag
212 Posts
Well I used them last month and had four little tricky ones on n/s/f wing top alone where a small stereo speaker had fallen off the garage shelf. A very recent one to o/s/r door which was awkward to get at, and a small one to top of n/s/f door for £90 and a perfect result yet again.
Was that all of those for your £90? if so that seems like a good deal!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Go on ;)

I used dent devils once, charged me £100 for 2 dents and must say I was abit disappointed. You can still see the ripples he left from bashing the dent out. Am I too picky or should it look like new?
All mine came out clean, even after a wash and a polish there is no indication there was a ding when you look along the wing or roof.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts