MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SRS light on my Dash has been on for a while now. Managed to fix it once by twiddling around with the connection under the seat. Due for MOT now and wondering if it's failable fault.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Have another fiddle, and spray WD40 over the connectors.

My one came on about after a week of buying it, mega bucks flash up, but a spray and a wiggle, sorted it for the last 3 odd years.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'm pretty certain it will just be an advisory at the moment, but next year when the mot changes take effect it will become a fail, that's as I understand the regs.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thanks for that. Still on MOT's...can they fail you on a slightly blowing exhaust? I got an advisory about its condition last year but it wasn't making a noise then...it is now though.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kwik-Fit want to change the back and mid section at a sweet cost of 370 snickers for a Piper replacement. They claim the joint is rusted through. I don't trust them. I'm sure it can be repaired. I could probably do a patch job myself until I get a freind to look at it.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
what i did with the zr the other week was i measured the diameter of the pipe, and bought a joining clamp off ebay for under a tenner, then i just cut the flange off where it split both sides and just joined the pipes with the new clamp

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what i did with the zr the other week was i measured the diameter of the pipe, and bought a joining clamp off ebay for under a tenner, then i just cut the flange off where it split both sides and just joined the pipes with the new clamp
Good job! That's the kind of thing I had in mind. Does this involve welding? Sorry, not to exhaust savvy here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts