MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the original thread as I believe it was counter productive. Also put into this Forum as I think its appropraite.

So whats happening.

Very soon the site urls will require renewing. Only www.xpower-mg.com & http://www.mg-sportcars.co.uk will be renewed. So amend your book marks please. I've also acquired another url - more of when it's gone through the DNS profile.

Sticker is now ready - which I'm sure everyone has seen.

Nick Young is looking at setting up the Registry - big thanks.

I'm also configuring the site shop. No new items - just better presentation. There is no point in trying to compete with the very comprehensive shop elsewhere on the web. As you know the Regalia items sold at virtually no profit (if there are any profits they offset site costs).

Only thought here is if anyone is interesting about buying a job lot of stuff maybe we could sell them through the shop when on line! Just a thought! :D What was I thinking off - ???? (feedback). The idea was to obtain discount at cost for us all!

We've had Midlands Meet #2 and a great success too. Findlay up North is also having great success.

Also, the Gerry McGovern print was bought by a deserving owner.

Two Trackdays and the Rally Supercar day yet to come. And maybe a hillclmb at Couborough - Watch the Events Forum).

That's it and a big thanks for contributing to the Forum. :D

Especially:
Kevin - pictures and man at all events.
Kelvin - support and quality pictures.
Dave/Bill - support.
JIM - coz he's me brother.
Max - loads of support.
MGR - for selling quality products.

Plus the stalwarts - you know who you are. :D

Jerry

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry,

Did you not get my PM to you? Basically, I just haven't had enough time to look at it properly recently, other commitments have been taking over lately...

How far have you got with looking at it Rob?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Well things are moving on at a swift pace:

1. We have added an owners database - see seperate FORUM!

2. An auction for a flight and visit to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight! So far the bidding is going very well! (28 August)

3. An MG trackday with Ed Moore on the 18 September!

4. Revamp of the site.

5. A MGR site licence should be granted very soon!

6. Arranging a massive meet of cars at the Donington BTCC by Rob Watton - 20/21/22 Septemeber!

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Diggers asked about licencing on the T-shirt thread:

You are spot on - notice the lack of MG Logos on site - only the rotating ones exist for the very reason you mention.

A Licence is close to being granted - with restrictions. (T-shirts would be one is my guess).

I believe the department is on site (but unsure). Oh! one major restriction is that the site should stay non profit making see homepage at the top!

Jerry

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
For me, one of the major plus points of this site is that it is non-profit making, and always will be - it is run by enthusiasts FOR enthusiasts.

This ensures that there are no ulterior motives behind any advice people give, and you can be sure that all advice/info comes from personal experience. For instance:

Question: How can I get some more power from my ZS 180?

Answer, Hi, to get more power from your ZS180, you can buy xxx from our online shop.

For me, this nullifies any pretence of being an enthusiasts forum, and becomes just a marketing tool. Just my opinions of course... :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Cheers Jerry.

A company like MGR must put have enormous value in its very distinctive brands, so I guess its understandable that they control it so strictly!

Thanks for the info and best of luck striking the licensing deal!

Diggers.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
MGR are very protective of their logos.

Just after getting ours Zeds I tried to get an MG key ring. None of the usual accessory shops had any MG or Rover key rings. Every other make seemed to be there. Shop assistant said that MGR wouldn't let their logo go on any old bit of tat, had to be licenced.

Only places I know of for one are MGR dealers, MGCC or MGOC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts