MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 433 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do we need to talk to get a 1/43 model off the ground. ZS261 would be nice.

Edit: Spark & IXO prices make sense.

·
Eeeeeoooowwwww!
658 Posts
Re: Help - WSR ZS Racer Model?

The Captain MUST have contacts in this area. WHERE IS THE CAPTAIN ???? :shout:

I know he has had dealings with IXO, they used some of our photos for certain Metro models. I suppose its all down to numbers ,how many they think they'll sell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'll ask WSR themselves if they can authorise a fascimile of a 261!

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts

Wont sell any, if they dont make them!!

When you go to BTCC meets all thay want to sell is F1 merchadise, that really pi55es me off! All it takes is one brave manufacturer and they will clean up at BTCC events!!

I tried to get in on selling framed photos of BTCC cars, the vendors were not interested, told me F1 stuff was what they wanted to sell.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts

Well if they are priced similarly to the spark models I'd be after a few; 2001, 2002 (SnR and AK), 2003 and 2004. I make that 5 I'm after :D

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts

Could be interested if the price was right.

F1 gear at BTCC :blah

·
Supporting RML in LMES & Dyson In ALMS
2,085 Posts

Jerry,
Great Idea mate

JLD said:
Well if they are priced similarly to the spark models I'd be after a few; 2001, 2002 (SnR and AK), 2003 and 2004. I make that 5 I'm after :D
Only 5 I want all of the cars 2001 x 2, 2002 x 4, 2003 x 3, 2004 x3 That's 12 by my reckoning some one must want to make these for me ?

Cheers

Nobby

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts

Good point Nobby, and here's me thinking of limited display space when more cabinets could be bought (or Elaines Beanie babies got rid of ;))

·
BTCC nut
441 Posts

Hmm, think I'd need to take out a loan for all 12 of the models as well as the real car when I get one! :eek:

Has anyone spotted what the guy that owns www.btcc-racing.com did to a Honda Civic ? Basically he got the road car model off eBay, stripped it and sprayed it in Team Dynamics colours and stickered it up! Well impressive looking if there were models of a 45/ZS road car I'd commision this guy myself!

·
Registered
779 Posts

you could try ONYX i think thats what they are called.i have got two clelend btcc vectras and a dtm calibra.the 1st two i got from vx show room and the other was on a church run market stall in ormskirk.also jerry there is T.W.C.LTD nn29 7hb.hongwell toys ltd, made in china.they are authorised by rover group,british motor heritage ltd and afew others to make 1:43 scale cars.the collection is called CARARAMA and last year they had out abox with 6 mgb's .this year i have just got two mini sets.the 1st one has 5 rally/racing mini's in it.all with with mini lite wheels,there is a white "demon tweeks",a black one with a union flag on the roof, a yellow "britax cooper",a blue "mini spares" and a red "bafcetts". the other set is of road cars.they arnt the best quality but with the auth from rover you never know.

Attachments

·
Brain Fade
240 Posts

Onyx went bankrupt with the rest of the vitesse brand in 2001 unfortunately. Ixo as far as I remember need 1000 models to be ordered and payed for for them to build a custom model. Spark or Sunstar may be worth a try though.

·
BTCC nut
441 Posts

Is the number 23 lucky to Japanese (Nissan..) Aiello, 99, Reid 97-98 and IIRC Keith O'dor ran it in the early 90's.

·
Registered
301 Posts

MG ZS said:
Is the number 23 lucky to Japanese (Nissan..) Aiello, 99, Reid 97-98 and IIRC Keith O'dor ran it in the early 90's.
It's something to do with Nissan meaning 23 in the Japanese language or something like that. Can't remember exactly. The Skylines in Australia and the ETCC used to have it as well.

I'd love for there to be a ZS model available. I'd certainly buy some to add to my model collection. I've got lots of Super Touring models, but i'd like some modern day examples, especially the MGs.

·
X-POWER ZR TD+
1,627 Posts

I would like one of each year if they become available.

·
Registered
301 Posts

I'm not sure how true this is about Spark producing MG roadcars, but i read it on the BTCCPages forum.

Hi all a quick follow up to my post about the Carl Breeze Alfa 156 BTCC. I have found out today that Spark will only be producing 750 cars. I have also found out that Spark produce MG road cars and there is a possibility that MG BTCC cars could be produced as well. If you are to buy a Carl Breeze car, whoever you buy it from tell them you want to see more of these cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I asked Spark if they would but never got a definative answer! Will ask again!

I have some Vitesse models in the www.racingcarshop.co.uk and they aret top quality!

The following Vanguard models are ordered!

VA09300 - MG ZT 10
VA09201 - Rover 75
VA09200 - Rover 75
VA09005 - Rover
VA06513 - P6
VA07403 - Herald
VA06710 - Spitfire
VA05309 - Sprint
VA08207 - 2.5Pi
VA09006 - Rover3500
VA08301 - 1000 Pick-Up
VA01419 - Mini Van

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Had a reply from Spark.

They would consider a run of 1500 pieces.

Would you all buy a ZS at near cost price of £22 each!

1 - 20 of 433 Posts