MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... affect the handling of a MK1 ZS180 saloon?

I'd like the car to be lower but not if it alters the handling.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Its going to effect the handling....
If you just want it to look lower rather than handle better then they are ok. They give less roll which is good for handling but Its rather good in the 1st place.
Would be better off with the koni kit really because then you get the dampers which can be adjusted to suit. The std shocks arent really a good combo with these springs, feel to soft on the rear imo. Not cheap though.
Another thing to think about is they will throw the camber out being 35mm lower. I have just got some adjustable front and rear arms for mine so I can re adjust.

·
Elegantly Wasted
286 Posts
reduces roll, but certainly I found it hard to notice if the ride was any harsher. Once they are fitted I got 4 wheel alignment done and the only thing that was out after adjustments was the front castor, but was still within tolerances:)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Its going to effect the handling....
If you just want it to look lower rather than handle better then they are ok. They give less roll which is good for handling but Its rather good in the 1st place.
Would be better off with the koni kit really because then you get the dampers which can be adjusted to suit. The std shocks arent really a good combo with these springs, feel to soft on the rear imo. Not cheap though.
Another thing to think about is they will throw the camber out being 35mm lower. I have just got some adjustable front and rear arms for mine so I can re adjust.
Top arms transform the car, you can also still get roversport rear top arms
(220 tomcat part) which tidies the rear up nicely.

As standard they handle a treat, unless you get the right gear you can make worse

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Top arms transform the car, you can also still get roversport rear top arms
(220 tomcat part) which tidies the rear up nicely.

As standard they handle a treat, unless you get the right gear you can make worse
All the same as honda civic as well so plenty on ebay ect...
My new top arms came today and rears I got for £12 of ebay :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts