MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Does anyone know how to cure the low fuel light, it seems to illuminate before its even in the red section. Is there a sensor I can check or spray with WD40 etc., or reconnect properly etc., to restart it.

It just seems to come on before its in the red now, can it be done DIY or is it a bigger job.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Cheers

Jackie

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I'd of thought it was part of level sensor so not adjustable?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess the float is a bit shifty, il have to see how low it goes before it runs out and just put some in a can in the boot to get the jist of it, but Ive read that you still got anywhere up to 30 miles when the light is permanently on, so no worries. Just a thought, it didnt do it before, maybe because we parked it on a hill or something sent it doolalee lol

thanks

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Tried one of these?

Seriously though.....

The gauge is stabilased so it moves slowly, the float in the tank moves with the fuel and this is what triggers the light to flicker.

There is nothing to cure as it is working as it was designed.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
I guess the float is a bit shifty, il have to see how low it goes before it runs out and just put some in a can in the boot to get the jist of it, but Ive read that you still got anywhere up to 30 miles when the light is permanently on, so no worries. Just a thought, it didnt do it before, maybe because we parked it on a hill or something sent it doolalee lol

thanks
Think its supposed to be a gallon left but I never trust these things - had it come on in diesel Astra once so thought must have about 30-40 miles left. It ran out in about 4!
As soon as it comes on in the Zed I start looking for a garage.

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Think its supposed to be a gallon left but I never trust these things - had it come on in diesel Astra once so thought must have about 30-40 miles left. It ran out in about 4!
As soon as it comes on in the Zed I start looking for a garage.
Your probably not filling up with more than about 50 L ? I've put 55L in my tank before . . . that should give you an idea of what is left.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Your probably not filling up with more than about 50 L ? I've put 55L in my tank before . . . that should give you an idea of what is left.
Never usually notice tbh, will take note next time!
From what I've read in past the light comes on with one gall left but also seen somewhere that when run to empty theres actually a gallon left. No idea if MGR allowed for this - light comes on with 2 galls left, if you see what I mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts