MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
aka Simon
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody else still suffering from delivery delays? We're still waiting for our (red) ZT190, which was due to arrive in time for Easter.
Still, at least it gives me a bit mroe time to sell the Puma (see For Sale forum - shameless plug or what!)

G

·
Yup. Same here. ZT190+ Solar Red and fully laden.... Can't wait!!!! ARgghh!!

MIGHT prove a blessing in disguise though because I'm hopefully going to get my order changed to include that TOP new Red facia (as seen on http://www.xpower-mg.com/MG-Rov37.jpg). Phwooar!

Still.... shame theres not an option for a bigger spoiler on the back. I've got kinda attached to the one on my Supra now. Big CAN be beautiful you know!

RD

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sadly I have to be added to the list,

I was due to receive my ZT-T 190+ (le Mans Green)on the 17th March, but alas still waiting for it to arrive at my MG dealership in Oxfordshire.

The reason for the delay as stated by my salesman, is due to the lack of bumpers arriving at Longbridge from the suppliers?

Despite this delay, its a car very much worth waiting for.

Alan

·
Registered
98 Posts
ZT Production Delays

Alan & everyone else waiting for their ZTs...

I can confirm that there is a delay with the build on the ZT & ZT-T range, caused by the delay by MGRs supplier in getting enough precoloured bumpers.

Also not helping is the delay in ALL parts as a result of the Unipart --> Caterpillar parts supplier changeover.

No solution in sight (yet). One or two cars are coming through in dribs and drabs, however vehicles awaiting build are being delayed most.

We're currently waiting on about 60 new ZTs to be built for the demonstrator fleets.

Its not MGRs fault.... and they're doing what they can.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi everyone,

Good news

I will be taking delivery of my ZT-T 190+ this Saturday from my Oxfordshire dealer.

It arrived at the garage last Thursday from Longbridge. I hope this news will bring a little relief to those who are also anxiously waiting for their "ZT".

Alan

G

·
Alan

I pick mine up from an "Oxfordshire" dealer Friday. Will take a peak of yours and check the spec - anything worth borrowing off it? :D

An assumption - it is the same dealer!!!

G

·
And according to all-electric Rover in Halesowen, mines with the delivery company now and they'll have it in the morning!!! YahoO!!! Couple of days to register it and I'm off!!!!

Shame... I really fancied the Monogram Red interior...

RD
{Soon to be a ZT owner}

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dear Mr X-Power Admin,

I am more than happy for you to look at my ZT-T but please no sticky fingers on the paintwork and definately NO chocolate on my Alcantara seats.

Look forward to meeting you one day.

Alan

G

·
Alan - lucky you with Alcantara - excatly my wish. How long did you have to wait for your specific order to be built/delivered? Martin, was talking of getting his re-upholstered in leather - depending on the quality of materials used I may do the same.

Not sure I like the blue inserts on the seats. :(

PS. You are right about chocolate - I must stop - it's not only destroying seats - but my waistline too.

Rob - Have you had a look at the Monogram options yet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Jerry,

All the best for tomorrow when you collect your ZT.

We both appear to be purchasing the vehicles from the same dealership in Oxfordshire. I will be taking delivery of my ZT-T on Saturday morning from Martin K.

I ordered the car on the 6 Feb and was given a delivery date to the dealership on the 17th March. I cannot really complain about the late delivery under the circumstances.

I have not really studied the new monogram proposals so I will leave that option for the next purchase? I will judge it when I see one in the flesh.

Happy motoring over the weekend, it looks that we will have good motoring weather.

Drive safely, arrive safely with MG

Alan

G

·
'Evening "XPower Admin!",
Have I looked at the monogram options yet? Well, only on this site- the red interior option looks gr00vy!

I spoke to the All Electric Rover on Tuesday to try and jump in and add in the monogram interior before they put my ZT together, and found out my cars been done and is now at the dealership. They've got to put it through the workshop (presumably to fit the stereo etc) and I can have it on Tuesday. <glee!!>

Still... might have to find out if I can have that red Monogram interior retro fitted and how much that would cost? :confused:

Sorry to see the Supra go, but its onto about as good a British car as you can get! {I know TVRs are cool, but impractical... Lotus' are great when they go and I couldn't afford the Trident!}

RD

G

·
Alan BC

Saw your lovely Le Mans Green ZT-T this am. I have a digital picture of it too. Will e-mail it later rather than place it on the Forum, if required.

Also managed to take a photo of a ZS180 in LMG.

The ZT190+ is all I expected and of course Kernahans - supplied it with a full tank of go juice plus a bunch of flowers for MAX.

Pictures on site. See "What's New".

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Jerry,

Congratulations on ther delivery of your ZT, she looks good in the photo and a real treat to drive I bet.

Its onlya few hours away now before we travel north-west to Kernhan's to collect our new member of the family. My current R75 has been a joy to own and to drive but I bet it will not stand shoulder to shoulder with the ZT-T.

I like the "ELO" registration plate, can you remember back to the days of the "Electric Light Orchestra" and the sound they made when in full flow.

Hope to meet on the A40 one day.

Alan

·
Registered
718 Posts
ZT-T

Just returned a ZT-T which i've had for a long weekend!
Trophy blue,Alcantara,Sat nav Went down to poole in it and was amazed at the response people gave it. Also i averaged 30mpg even though i sometimes have a bit of a heavy right foot.
Would love to have one but can't afford the twenty odd grand - Suppose i'll have to stick to my ZR160 for now :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Jerry and all,

Collected the ZT-T today, from Kernahans in West Oxfordshire.

What a well balanced and quality build this car is, I thought my R75 was well prepared but this beats it hands down.

I was not convinced when I ordered the car, that I had selected the right colour (Le mans green). But when I saw it for the first time, I then knew I had made the right decision.
She looked magnificent!!!!

It certainly made heads look round today when we drove through Abingdon on our way home. Its a real treat to drive and I am looking forward to many hours driving this splendid vehicle.

Report more on its performance and handling later.

Alan

G

·
Alan

Just done 500 miles in the car and I have to say I'm very pleased with it. Also, nice to have an exclusive car - only saw 2 Anthracite cars and NO ZT-T's.

Agree, the car DOES get noticed - it has real presence on the road.

I do prefer the dynamics of the car in comparison to the R75 - however I miss the toys of the later car. Will try to retrofit the rear sun blind. If and when you have any photos of your ZED, will place them on site???

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
RE: sunblind, I enquired as to how to get this fitted, and was told that the electric blind can't be retrofitted. However, there is a manual option available if necessary (I might consider it at some point to reduce the sun burn on Cameron...)

·
aka Simon
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still waiting

Still waiting - I'm getting frustrated, and the wife's going potty! Anybody got any advice on a good place to sell my old Puma? Autotrader completely goofed up the process, failing to add the photo and putting it in the wrong category.

·
aka Simon
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aaaagh!

Local dealer now inform me that instead of this Friday, it's "maybe" next week. I'll be out of the country then, so Mrs G gets to collect it instead of me!! :mad:

G

·
NNH

Bad show really - they should know when the car is built and delivery times. :(

Alan BC

Hows the green machine behaving? :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.