MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, had the decat put on today but I forgot the camera so will take some pics at home in next couple of days and get some posted. They have modified the old cat so that can bolt back in just after the flexi for the mot.

But............

I haven't notice any difference in performance and a minimal change in sound. I am a little disappointed to be honest.
Will the ecu take time to learn?
Inner wing induction kit is now a must!

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
Give it chance to get a build up of carbon and then you will see a difference. When I did the same to my ZR i was disappointed, but in time it got loud and started to pop and bang.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the rest is stock, only put a decat on cos the flexi and cat were knackered. Next step (after tyres and brakes) is cone in the inner wing, then full powerflow exhaust around summer time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah the rest is stock, only put a decat on cos the flexi and cat were knackered. Next step (after tyres and brakes) is cone in the inner wing, then full powerflow exhaust around summer time.
Sounds good.

I doubt u will feel much difference with stock filter in place still. If u save pennies and swap the whole lot in one go ie: filter and pipe then u will feel a difference.
Don't get why peoples don't give scorpion exhausts more of a try. I had one on my last zs. Full stainless , sounded great , free flowing and a cheaper option than the regular options??

Tyres: best your budget will stretch to? I love toyo tr1's but intend to give yoko prada 2's on my 18"'s

Brakes: always an arguments lol! You can't go far wrong with ebc race discs / yellow pads or ferodo ds2500, some lines and decent fluid change. If you wanna go bigger then how bigs your budget :))

Spk to Peter at Vulcan racing for a cracking price or metec on fleabay for a cheaper option but stay clear of the £100 all round inc pads, don't care what peoples say they are cheap for a reason!

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good.

I doubt u will feel much difference with stock filter in place still. If u save pennies and swap the whole lot in one go ie: filter and pipe then u will feel a difference.
Don't get why peoples don't give scorpion exhausts more of a try. I had one on my last zs. Full stainless , sounded great , free flowing and a cheaper option than the regular options??

Tyres: best your budget will stretch to? I love toyo tr1's but intend to give yoko prada 2's on my 18"'s

Brakes: always an arguments lol! You can't go far wrong with ebc race discs / yellow pads or ferodo ds2500, some lines and decent fluid change. If you wanna go bigger then how bigs your budget :))

Spk to Peter at Vulcan racing for a cracking price or metec on fleabay for a cheaper option but stay clear of the £100 all round inc pads, don't care what peoples say they are cheap for a reason!

Cheers
Paul
Cheers Paul,
Will probably go Powerflow as I have used them before and was very impressed with the work, and brakes I was looking at mintex all round. Pretty sound make, tried and tested.
Brakes I will be going with...............
GT Champiro HPX's
Now before everyone says that they are budget and crappy, I have used them before on a similar sized/weighted car and I was very very impressed. Plus after putting the Falkens on the front, they are pulling me all over the road, hate them!

·
Registered
731 Posts
the spec 2's aren't great in the wet, they appear to grip, then just let go without warning.
I have them (215/35/18) but I wouldn't recommend them as anything special.

·
Registered
182 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts