MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Also great at winning friends and influencing people, in response to a pov that 2nd hand sales are important:

"Yes but not when they've reached banger status as many of the cars people have on her have!"

If this is the type of wnkr that the 6 appeals to then I just wish saic would give up and go home.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
this has always gone on in the MG scene, MG owners didn't think the plastic bumper MG's where the real deal, the plastic bumper brigade didn't think the metro's etc where the real deal, no one thought the mgf's where the real deal, everyone hated the z's and it now seems the 6's hate everyone

Lets face it the 6 fan boys also haven't bought a 6, tells you all need to know.

And yes, I've owned a few MG's from new, so apparently my opinion counts lol (and not just z's)

· Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,330 Posts
trouble is its a heavy car with a little old underpowered engine, and a zs 180 would completely trounce when it comes to performance. The mg6 would need 220 bhp just to match a zs 180 in a straight line because its so heavy in comparison, even worse news is the 1.8t is not very tuneable as its inherently weak, anything much over 200-210 bhp and your asking for trouble. You cant modify the old lump anyway or else you will void your warranty.......least you would if you were stupid enough to buy one.

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
this has always gone on in the MG scene, MG owners didn't think the plastic bumper MG's where the real deal, the plastic bumper brigade didn't think the metro's etc where the real deal, no one thought the mgf's where the real deal, everyone hated the z's and it now seems the 6's hate everyone

Lets face it the 6 fan boys also haven't bought a 6, tells you all need to know.

And yes, I've owned a few MG's from new, so apparently my opinion counts lol (and not just z's)
Good on ya mate - you're now an official spokesman, sadly I've "only" owned 4 MGs (2 Maestros, a BGT and the ZS, none from new, tho the ZS nearly was) so my opinion counts for nought!

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i think it deserves a Rover badge, not an MG badge. Then after they'de launched the derv they should look into dropping a ****** tweaked V6 in one and then put the MG badge on it.
I'd love a ZT but wouldn't sell the ZS to get one, I certainly wouldn't get rid of the ZS for that piece of Chinese tin.
Sadly I think MG as a sporting marque is well and truly gone - badge just adorns Chinese Kias now. Nowt wrong with that, they've bought the name - but I don't have to like it, just a real shame for the badge.
Cecil Kimber must be doing about 46000rpm now, spinning in his grave...

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
trouble is its a heavy car with a little old underpowered engine, and a zs 180 would completely trounce when it comes to performance. The mg6 would need 220 bhp just to match a zs 180 in a straight line because its so heavy in comparison, even worse news is the 1.8t is not very tuneable as its inherently weak, anything much over 200-210 bhp and your asking for trouble. You cant modify the old lump anyway or else you will void your warranty.......least you would if you were stupid enough to buy one.
I think the K series is pretty weak when only asked to produce 120PS, HGF on a well looked after car with just less than 60k on the clock aint good in any book IMO

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.