MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking around and found on xpart cruise control for the mg zs would this work on the 180 or is it just for the lower powerd engines? and how difficult is it to fit?

would really like it to work i miss cruise control one thing i miss about my volvo c30...and the heated seats lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
Check on Rimmer Bros parts listings to see it CC was available on any of these cars.

A young friend of my son Martin had a nice Rover 400 Top Spec T-Series NASP car he got from another family member. It had OE cruise control. He fitted T-Series Turbocharged engine from a Rover 620ti to it and so had a Rover 400 Turbo with cruise control... :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check on Rimmer Bros parts listings to see it CC was available on any of these cars.

A young friend of my son Martin had a nice Rover 400 Top Spec T-Series NASP car he got from another family member. It had OE cruise control. He fitted T-Series Turbocharged engine from a Rover 620ti to it and so had a Rover 400 Turbo with cruise control... :)
i dont know what else is involved in it but the xpart website looks just like a stalk that you buy for £50 but other threads saying need another ecu n other bits ....has any one ever done it to a kv6 zs ?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
James (Talking Cars) has looked into this in some depth, it seems quite involved.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Not quite IIRC, I beleive it was a mix of O/E parts and after market parts and he didn't do it DIY, Austin Garges did cruise and a whole host of other things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts