MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys just checking out what sort of MG scene do they get at Crail.
Have attended a few with my friends with their jap import cars but well didn't see many MG's there.
Any of you been or intending to go as I reckon the MG will perform just as well on the track, curious for your opinions

·
The MiG
92 Posts
I took my TF to the max power show last summer. Pasted a few boy racers but got trully sh*fted by some guy on a hyabusa!! Can't win em all!

Didn't see many MGs on the strip at all, there were a few ZRs in the car park though. There was a supposed to be a meet but no-one showed up but us.

Defo hoping to get up there before I sell the TF in July.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then silverarrow I may see you up there one time, although I don't intend to be racing any bikes. Have been challenged by some very sad boy racer who believes his XR2I will totally hump my ZR 120+ so will give it a go on the track for a laugh.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Properly driven is a bit concerning as have not had it a week yet but am confident am getting to grips with it.
Don't reckon XR2I stands a chance not the way he drives it boy racer all the way and guys claim that girls burn clutches out

·
www.nanbudo.com
285 Posts
I am planning on going to Crail this year at some point.

I have done some rough times in my car and for 0-100mph I am looking at roughly 16s. (all on private roads)

Looking forward to seeing what it can do a 1/4 mile in.

:angel

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was up at Crail a couple of weeks ago with the ZT 400 and I only saw 3 MG's there :sad:

Was looking forward to meeting a few of you! :MG:

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Vicky said:
Properly driven is a bit concerning as have not had it a week yet but am confident am getting to grips with it.
Don't reckon XR2I stands a chance not the way he drives it boy racer all the way and guys claim that girls burn clutches out
By properly driven I meant things like changing gear at the right time, not missing a gear change etc... all things that can affect any cars performance.

Changing every gear on a ZR120 at 2000rpm, will mean an XR2i gets given an unfair advantage ;)

How many times have people over-taken Porsche's on motorways because the Porsche was not trying? :D If they were driving it 'properly' then most of us wouldnt stand much of a chance...

It wasnt intended as a personal critism :roll:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wasnt intended as a personal critism :roll:[/QUOTE]

GT was winding ya up no critism taken at all, I am used to every female can't drive quote going. Am always getting **** taken for being a bird and into cars but am more than happy to prove my interest anytime on a track. Will let you know how we get on against the XR2I

·
Support your country, buy an MGR!
2,401 Posts
:topic:

Every time I see this thread title whilst flicking through new posts I think it's titled "Rail Crash". :bh

Anyone else have the same double take?!!! :D

·
The MiG
92 Posts
Thats the great thing about crail - you know whoever you are up against is wringing the most from their car - so if you win there are no excuses!

The very first time I was soo nervous about being on the strip in front of everyone I left the car in neutral!! :bh Luckiliy i was up against a mini so I caught it up in the end lol

Good luck with the XR2i!! U wont need any! :MG:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts