1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
2 tidy looking 180s there:MG:

·
Derv-Head.
38 Posts
Seem to be an awful lot of very nice, cheap 180's about at the moment, both mk1 and mk2.

Wonder if anything to do with the new VED rates coming in, and owners are off-loading them whilst they are still worth something reasonable, as lets be honest, with the new VED rate, the price of petrol and insurance along with their age now (the newest being getting on for 6 years old now) + high running and maitainence costs value will be in the hundreds, not thousands.

As was told to me, if you can afford the Insurance, Petrol, Tax and running costs of a 180 you can afford better and newer (not what is in most eyes at minimum 6+ yrs old a "Banger")

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
same mileage and price I paid for mine nearly 2 years ago! I know the reason I got mine cheap was the VED rise but I thought it got canceled.

To be honest they are only as juicy as most 2.0 saloon cars, they will be in the same tax bracket as an IS200 and a rover 45 v6 and the 45 1.8 stepspeed so they are not that expensive to run for what you get over and above those cars, mine has cost me about a grand in 2 years and thats all new brakes, 4 tyres and the belt's done. Not including tax and insurance of course, its been a company car so insurance is not comparable to SDP use but it was still under £500 fully comp for me, the missus and my Mum who looks after our daughter when she visits.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
You can get a great bargain if your in the market to buy a 180 not so good if you were to sell but then again i aint got no intensions to sell so i,m ok . They are 2 nice examples there i do like the silver one just needs that big spoiler to finish it off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts