MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, i am a touch concerned as this seems to need topping up every 1-2 weeks. I've checked the oil cap, and there is no 'mayo', the head gasket was fully changed in november 2010 by the previous owner, and the temp constantly hovers just under half way so just a touch confused. Could it be that there is an airblock in the system somewhere?

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Could be inlet mani gasket letting it into a cylinder and burning it off or heater valve (on bulkhead by ecu) leaking a little.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Check for staining of coolant in the vee of inlet manifold. Could be that your oe plastic thermostat housing is starting to fail. I had this, so have a lot of others. I fitted uprated alloy housing when belts were done last year.

·
''Fire up the Quattro''.
1,935 Posts
Right, i am a touch concerned as this seems to need topping up every 1-2 weeks. I've checked the oil cap, and there is no 'mayo', the head gasket was fully changed in november 2010 by the previous owner, and the temp constantly hovers just under half way so just a touch confused. Could it be that there is an airblock in the system somewhere?
...........my ZR did this just before the head gasket let go.

·
Mk1 ZS180 Saloon XPG
341 Posts
Check for staining of coolant in the vee of inlet manifold. Could be that your oe plastic thermostat housing is starting to fail. I had this, so have a lot of others. I fitted uprated alloy housing when belts were done last year.
Won't be this as the chap has a 120 model according to profile. I'd go along with the Inlet Manifold Gasket diagnosis. Needs investigating and curing though as a healthy cooling system shouldn't need any topping up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts