MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all

Hope every one is doing okay, im looking into getting a new car and after seeing a colleague pick up a tasty mk1 1.8 saloon i remembered taking a fancy to the ZS a while back.

So after a bit of searching im taking a look at a indigo blue MK2 180 saloon at some point this week, its a 05 plate with 60k and seems to be a car owned by one family with a full service history and just had its cambelts and service.

I was wondering if there was anything i should look at in paticular with the car, any foibles or quibbles i need to check to ensure its in good condition

my other question is with the situation with MG when the cars were built, what should i expect when it comes to parts for the cars when it comes to services or repairs, is it easy to source pieces or will i be paying premium prices?

Cheers for any advice

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I should think your previous looking for a ZS posts have probably covered all the things to look at.

Parts supply is good with the exception of the bodykit which is only available secondhand.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
thats good to know, was a little while ago i last looked so i was wondering if anything new had come up.

cheers
The rusty fuel tanks are something that has become more apparent with age, and water leaks on the mk2 into the passenger footwell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts