MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a few down to earth POVs on the state of mg now and the powers that be over on the mg bit of FB have chosen to remove them - so much for free speech eh?

Its a little like .org - post what you want as long as its positive.

"Strength through work" etc

Why do they get given the power from FB to do this?
Money talks?

· Registered
2,442 Posts
On a more serious note, deleting any negative opinions of the new MG is not a particularly healthy state of affairs, however the sales figures tell their own story.

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a more serious note, deleting any negative opinions of the new MG is not a particularly healthy state of affairs, however the sales figures tell their own story.
Obviously paying someone to monitor FB (24/7?) so why not answer criticisms rather than delete - theres still some negative ones there but obviously they have a cull every now and then.

The sales figs don't even suggest MG fans are buying them, never mind anyone else. Censoring the views of MG fans ain't gonna help their cause at all.

· Now in a 3
4,042 Posts
Obviously paying someone to monitor FB (24/7?) so why not answer criticisms rather than delete - theres still some negative ones there but obviously they have a cull every now and then.

The sales figs don't even suggest MG fans are buying them, never mind anyone else. Censoring the views of MG fans ain't gonna help their cause at all.
In my opinion your view here is entirely correct.

I have posted on several f/b threads about the various mg deals.

They seem to be concentrating all their efforts on the mg community. 90% of which won't touch one with a barge poll. And also the Birmingham area which is probably still smarting over what happened to mg-rover and the chinese backing out until it was gone to snap it up later at a bargain price.

Example: the NO VAT if you are (or join quickly) a member of the mg car club.

and 15% discount if you read the Birmingham evening news.

I posted about these offers and the reply was to go to my local dealers to see what offers they have got.

How about having some good deals and actually telling the public that they are available.

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my opinion your view here is entirely correct.

I have posted on several f/b threads about the various mg deals.

They seem to be concentrating all their efforts on the mg community. 90% of which won't touch one with a barge poll. And also the Birmingham area which is probably still smarting over what happened to mg-rover and the chinese backing out until it was gone to snap it up later at a bargain price.

Example: the NO VAT if you are (or join quickly) a member of the mg car club.

and 15% discount if you read the Birmingham evening news.

I posted about these offers and the reply was to go to my local dealers to see what offers they have got.

How about having some good deals and actually telling the public that they are available.
Rather than faffing about with all these offers I don't know why, for say a month, they don't just take a hit and knock £3k off them all. They may make a loss but then if the sales figs don't change it won't exactly be a huge loss.

I just think they've missed the boat, there seems to be a lot of hope pinned on the diesel and new models, but if you cannot make an impact with a brand new super - duper all singing, all dancing (this is the 6 I'm on about btw, just incase you don't recognise it), what hope DO you have?

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well they're still at it on FB, added some other comments last night and asked for explanation of why my posts were removed - no reply at all and these posts removed = absolutely no chance of me ever supporting these Chinese backed wasters.

Get serious and and answer critics or "get off my land", its your choice.

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lets see if they wanna play nice or do the "its my bat and my ball and I'm not pwaying anymore"

This is the 4th or so time I've asked about deleted posts - if you don't hear me from me again you know they've got me...

· Registered
600 Posts
Lets see if they wanna play nice or do the "its my bat and my ball and I'm not pwaying anymore"

This is the 4th or so time I've asked about deleted posts - if you don't hear me from me again you know they've got me...

did you never do history at school? not meant as a dig but...

chinese are renound for limiting what there own country can veiw on the net every thing is restricted monitered(dictatorship) and i assume that this is the same with the mg brand there trying to protect it but like you said it doesnt make it look good at all deleting posts.

· Registered
600 Posts

chinese are renound for limiting what there own country can veiw on the net every thing is restricted monitered(dictatorship) and i assume that this is the same with the mg brand there trying to protect it but like you said it doesnt make it look good at all deleting posts.
one thing i wish was that mg kept it in the uk....goverment should of helped when it went...kept some manufactering in the ukwould of been good for apprenticeships...but because longbridge was such a vast site suppose it makes more money being a college and houses.

i dont think i would be able to tell you what we make in this country anymore....and i wonder why the country is in the state its in...

· It's a big fan
3,215 Posts
i dont think i would be able to tell you what we make in this country anymore....and i wonder why the country is in the state its in...
Well we make a lot of vehicles:

Car-makers in the UK are on course to break a 40-year manufacturing record by building more than 2million vehicles annually by 2015, according to forecasts released today.
Much more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...-manufacturing-record-2015.html#ixzz22wYRrkKE

OK, even if we achieve the 2 million, SAIC alone are on course for 5 million this year, but we are a relativly small country.

The other thing we seem to be producing at the moment is Olympic medals - why on earth is our small country third in the world with twice the number of our nearest competitor :confused: Is that where we have invested our money :err:

cutlerl12 said:
I suspect the internet did not exist when Gary was in school and the world was a very different place, especially China!

I guess it was about the time of the chinese civil war and the start of their communist era? Thankfully they have now returned to a capitalist system because without that change MG would no longer exist!

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know Windy, I have no idea when the Chinese civil war was - could have been last year, could have been 2000 years ago for all I know!
I'm no expert on China, unlike your good self...

And do you know what?

I really don't give a ****** (add any of a whole range of words there O mighty one!)

If you believe China is truly free then you are even more deluded than I have given you credit for ever since China stole MG and turned it into mg.

Capitalist, mmmm, maybe for the owners of the companies, the workers - well I guess they're on the modern day equivalent of a handful of rice per day.

The last time I checked the UK is a country where free speech is encouraged, though mg see fit to impose different ideals on FB

TBH if mg want to stick their fingers in their ears and sing "La la la" and ignore criticisms then to be frank they deserve to fail

· It's a big fan
3,215 Posts
The last time I checked the UK is a country where free speech is encouraged, though mg see fit to impose different ideals on FB
Hmm, we seem to have free speech as long as we are careful about what we say:

A 17-year-old was detained at a guest house in Weymouth, Dorset in the early hours of yesterday morning after a string of offensive messages appeared on a social networking site.

A police spokesman said the youth had been arrested on suspicion of malicious communications and was helping detectives with their inquiries.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...ted-and-bailed-after-Daley-twitter-abuse.html

Do you not remember the days of Red Robo when "The Communist Party then dominated the Longbridge workforce"? http://www.grahamstevenson.me.uk/in...id=1021:robinson-derek-&catid=18:r&Itemid=126

Things have changed since then both here and there!

As for facebook, I think shopkeepers in the UK have always had the right to control what appears in their shop windows!

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Windy! What do you think you're doing bringing facts and common sense to this argument!
:lol:

I think you'll find that what Windy brings to this is a VERY Chinese slanted argument!

OK, you love China saic nac and everything else even remotely far eastern, others don't, quite why you feel commited to changing everybody over to your viewpoint I do not know, Chairman Windy.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
Does it actually matter that the Chinese now own MG, it has put them on a more sound financial footing than they've enjoyed for years.

JLR is owned by Tata Industries and appears to be doing very nicely thank you.

2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does it actually matter that the Chinese now own MG, it has put them on a more sound financial footing than they've enjoyed for years.

JLR is owned by Tata Industries and appears to be doing very nicely thank you.
JLR are still built here, in the very same factories as they used to be.

China did a lift and shift, now import cars 80% finished into the UK and call them British.

And that, my friend, is THE difference...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.