MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a Colt Evo 7 parked up in a car park off Grantham Street, Lincoln. The said car had a familiar ring to it. Also, some kind person had put a note on the windscreen saying "when I grow up I'd like to be a Rover 75". I thought this most funny, so much so I went and got my camera and took a picie. Will try later to download the material.

Jim:D :D :D :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
You get all sorts in Lincoln.

Some nice cars around though.

G

·
Mitsubishi EVO VII GSR.

Took the boss to look at houses in the Lincoln area (parked temporarily in Lincoln). Some strange person - placed a note on the screen. :rolleyes:

Boss was disappointed with Lincoln area. What I noticed on the way fom Oxfordshire to Lincolnshire was the amount of rubbish on the side of the road. What's wrong with this nation - they seem to treat the whole place like a tip?

The other point about Lincolnshire was the lack of Optimax at Shell stations and SUL at other fuel stations. Had to put a small amount of standard fuel in - until I found some in the great county of Rutland. Power slightly down but enough to make a R75 look as though it was standing still. :D

Also, noticed many R75's - both saloons and tourers but no - ZR or ZT's :(.

Finally JIM - Colt Car Company are now importing the EVO VII and call it the FQ300 (Flipping Quick 300{bhp}). :D Once upon a time the company branded Mitsubishis as Colts - now no longer done.

Ralliart Dudley and the grey importers bring the car into the country as a EVO VII GSR. Complete with AYC - ACD - ABS & AC or an RS2 without AYC & ABS and aircon. If you want speed the last is best - stripped out and thus lighter = speed!

What I wish MGR would produce is something with the power of an EVO, but with a diesel motor - there is only one motor on the market that fits the bill and its called a *** 330d :(

G

·
Morning!

What no response to the *** 330d!!! :confused:

On the ZT sightings - they seem to be as rare as a SEVEN. I've only seen one other VII since I've owned it - except for the meet at Ralliart, Rugby. That was a great day out - wonder if WSR would mind some like minded souls wandering round their shop?

Take a butchers at this shot

Anyway off to get some tyres very soon - if only I could drag myself off the computer - maybe that i-drive is not so bad an idea. :D :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry, I have to admit that I do quite like the new *** 3 series (apart from the compact)... OK, the only one I do like is the 330ci, which I'm sure doesn't have the economy of said diesel motor..

Go on then guys.... Flame me now... :)

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
PS Jerry,

Saw 2 evos while driving over to my mums house this morning (about 2 miles away!). One a 6 and one a 7... Have to say that personally I much prefer the 6, it just looks more aggressive and "in yer face"....

Guess you just have to look in the right places. :D

BTW, I saw a ZT going the other way along the motorway this morning exactly the same as mine... including the xenon headlamps.... :D

So they aren't that rare...

G

·
Nick

VI was nice to look at, but was more Rally car based - not so everyday as the VII, fuel consumption apart - which if you caine it means mid teens.

Hence the mention of a diesel *** 330d - as much as I admire the car - my scruples stop me - so Nat MGR for ever! :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
<attempting to be a hippy impressionist>

Yo peace and love and MGR 4eva dude! :D

Nah - maybe your way of saying it is better Jerry - MGR Forever!!!
:D :D :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
On the diesel front though, I doubt Rover will ever have anything that powerful... Last I heard, they were in discussions with Peugeot to provide them with some new engines... While very economical, they aren't exactly powerful....

Or maybe it's just the cars that they are in..... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts