MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if anyone's seen the latest MG mag lying around in your local dealers but towards the back there's a double page spread (ooh-eer) showing pics of new interior options for both ZR and ZS.

As this is a ZR forum I'll only mention those bits relevant but you can take replace the silver dash insert (passenger side), heater controls surround, and door pull (surrounds?) with a more appropriate colour for your external paintwork. Also available, are leather inserts for the steering wheel in the same colour.

The pics show yellow bits for the ZR and blue for the ZS but from initial glances, the blue seems a bit light for a good Trophy Blue match.

I contacted my dealer for prices last week but apparently as this is such a new option, computer systems not yet displaying a price!

As soon as I hear anything will post accordingly. Anyone else know anything?

F

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It is indeed a new mod available.

When I asked for a quote on silver inserts (like on my ZR) for my old 25, they said it was £109 for the dial surround and the dash trim. Can't remember if this was including VAT or not....

Hope this helps....:beerchug

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that Nick. I defo like the idea of substituting with blue. One of the NMGO crew has a Trophy 160 F in Trophy Yellow. The extra yellow bits inside look really minted. Not sure yellow would be a bit in-yer-face on my Trophy Blue ZR. But from the pics, the blue colour has been designed to "fit in" with all the avail blue paints (trophy, tahiti, etc) so maybe a "mid" rather than perfect match.

F

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It's Nat actually :D

Nick's handle is 'Nick Young' :)

No probs. Like to be of help ;)

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Nat. By the way, love the pics of the three of you. I thought Cameron was quite a rare name (my bro has it tho) until I read it's about the 10th most common name these days for babies.

F

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Aw thanks :D

Yeah Cameron is a real cutie. We called him that because Nick's side of the family has a touch of Scottish heritage.

'Cameron James Young' - can't get much more Scottish than that :D

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apologies for the male/female error on various posts! Won't happen again!

'Cameron James Young' - can't get much more Scottish than that
I can give you a run for your money. Findlay Fraser Colquhoun (that's me) and my brother Cameron Fraser Colquhoun. Blame my Glaswegian father! Number of times we get asked about a family with a Findlay and Cameron in it together. There was a TV programme in the 80s called Dr Finlay's Casebook in which the main character was a medical doctor along with a colleague called Dr Cameron.

Just as an aside, the Colquhoun clan own Loch Lomond and the surrounding area north of Glasgow.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ffcphone said:
Just as an aside, the Colquhoun clan own Loch Lomond and the surrounding area north of Glasgow.
And what a cracking part of the world it is. I walked the West Highland Way -from Milngavie on the outskirts of Glasgow to Drymen, over Conic hill and along the eastern bank of Loch Lomond, across Rannoch Moor, through Glen Coe and on to Fort William - a week or two ago. The bank of the Loch certainly live up to their bonnie, bonnie reputation - even though the weather wasn't too great for that stretch.

S.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Sorry OT again!!

Sounds like you've got quite a Scottish name too :)

Is that right?

The Youngs decended from the Douglas clan (got a biography about it framed on the wall)

For a while I went mad on different tartans.... :D

It's strange that the Youngs have their own tartan, but it's not recognised in its own right.

It's kind of an orange and green one - quite pretty.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not much of a walker myself. Prefer to "walk" the Zed, if you know what I mean! But certainly very beautiful scenery around there. And, more relevant, some excellent driving roads I'm told.

The Colquhoun tartan is rather nice. Dark navy blue with dark green and some red in it. One of the nicer designs in my opinion. My mum's obsessed with it round the house. My Dad's got the full kilt job. He keeps wanting me to get one but I'm proud of my English origins (from Preston) although I like to think there's some Scottish blood swilling around me somewhere.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
We were in Scotland last week and there are indeed lots of nice driving roads - loads of single track with passing places too.

The scenery is very pretty - the West Highlands are my favourite and the Isle of Skye particularly.

I didn't want to come home though! Something to do with going back to work I think....

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yep I was born in Scotland myself but have quite an unusual scots name of Gribbin as my surname before I was adopted but at least my new one is still celtic a good old irish name Shay.

Used to live in Ayr, Dumfermline, Troon and Irvine before moving to Manchester.:beerchug

G

·
Saw he colour coded stuff in the Trophy - not too keen really. I prefer te "technical" look. Would make you more individual though!:xxrofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts