MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is what happens when a clutch release bearing siezes.
Grooves in the shaft

The bearing explodes

The clutch release lever was also siezed, i've taken that out and freed it up, just got to put a new clutch in next.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The main fault would be from the seized clutch arm as this is a common problem that will wear the clutch plate out or in your case the bearing.

·
Registered
731 Posts
transmission solutions in doncaster sell modified arms that can be lubed in situ, quite a clever - although simple idea that stops this problem, they were not much money either

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
transmission solutions in doncaster sell modified arms that can be lubed in situ, quite a clever - although simple idea that stops this problem, they were not much money either
Ta for the advice but emery paper and a bit of grease sorted it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ta for the advice but emery paper and a bit of grease sorted it.
t
Thats what I had done with mine, I was being dead stingy but as it was a track car its likely to have the box out a lot more for work than a road car.

The arms are a bargain if you have a road car, if I never track day'ed mine again I would feel regret about not spending the 20quid or so, especially when looking at the mess in your pics.

best of Luck.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
t
Thats what I had done with mine, I was being dead stingy but as it was a track car its likely to have the box out a lot more for work than a road car.

The arms are a bargain if you have a road car, if I never track day'ed mine again I would feel regret about not spending the 20quid or so, especially when looking at the mess in your pics.

best of Luck.
With the amount of miles on my car it's not worth spending money on it tbh though I did replace the diff seals as I had some spare that have been in my garage for over 6 years.
I bought a 3part clutch for £60 and that arrived today. When I find the time in August I will put it on and replace the gearbox. Then a fresh MOT etc for autotesting in September...more abuse of the car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts