MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling onto the drive last night I became aware of a slight noise when depressing the clutch pedal from slight all the way down to full travel. Very slight and didn't worsen at all. Suspect thrust bearing ? I will live with it ?
Any thoughts? I'm wondering if my Sheddist kit was not given correct free play even but that has always worked spot on.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How come my new post has dropped off the system without any response? Appears that there is just a top ten on here now and you are either in or out ?

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
I moved your thread to the correct section this afternoon. It has been viewed a number of times but the forum has been very quiet today. Maybe someone will respond at some point.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Suppose it depends on how many miles your clutch has done, whats a 180 clutch good for??

My derv has done 77k and I must admit I listen out for the odd clutch noise, feels a bit soft on take up sometimes.

Went to Santa Pod year or so back and after about 6 runs thought it was starting to get a bit smelly, so that knocked a few miles off its life.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No nothing like that at all. Started her up from cold yesterday morning and nothing heard at all. Did about 14 miles yesterday afternoon and took her back to my garage and slight burr type of noise evident on depressing pedal. I will let it develope as they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts