MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having probs with engaging gear when engine warm, as posted before.
i need help could someone please send me a pic of the clutch "pressed in" from the slave cylinder i need to know how much the piston pushes the arm over, iv even packed it up with a nut to try and get it to move it further but it still pushed it to the same distance silly i know!!! but i need to rule out if its the clutch or the hydrolic thats gone because i dont fancy spending a wknd changing the cluth plate and it aint that that is gone!!! sorry if that was mumbo jumbo but hard to explain!!!

[email protected] or post on here
regards ste.............

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently had the same problem..packed the slave with washers to try and get the arm to move more!..after replacing the slave and master cylinder it ended up needing a clutch kit.Also just check the bracket attatched on the baulkhead where the master cylinder comes out,mine was "snapped" allowing excess pedal movement when pressing clutch pedal.Had it welded while it was in bits..My car had done 90k so it was a logical step with the clutch..!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked the lot m8!!! no play what so eva in anything even changed the fluid!! looking very grim this diagnostic!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, try the sheddist kit...I believe that some kits would be ready by mid-july...I just couldnt wait that long...and its a good piece of kit I believe..speak to sheddist first though.He should be back from India soon!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looked at my friends car earlier, his slave seems to push the arm a hell of alot more than mine about an extra quarter, so sumat isnt rite on mine! any ideas weva ist going to be the master or the slave cylinders?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts