MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still on the standard kit. I thought it was on its way out as the bite point was very low and worse when stuck in traffic to the point of car crawling forwards in gear with pedal to the floor on a hot day. I noticed that a few aggressive gear changes brought the bite point back up to normal hight, still low though.

Just this last week now that it is colder the bite point has gone right up to about 2cm from the top of pedal travel. Has anyone else experienced this? I think it's the cold affecting my hydraulics, or maybe the clutch plates are on their way out now too?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I would suggest if its altering that much, that your problem is with the hydraulics.

·
Registered
299 Posts
When I had the standard hydraulics fitted; heat build up made it rather unpleasant to use. It would be difficult to get into gear if you spent too much time driving at slow speeds, or worse - sat in traffic.

Your best bet is to change the standard kit for a Sheddist one (but get in line quickly as it sounds like there is a high demand.)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I can relate to the first part ... frightening in traffic when the car decides to start moving despite your foot being on the floor. I got very good at double de-clutching and pumping the clutch pedal to get in to work!

I had air in the hydraulics and the slave cylinder was changed under warranty by MG Rover...

·
Registered
398 Posts
defo problems with master cylinder i expect, mine was ******ed
sheddist kit i would expect is excellent, its haveing the money right there and then :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts