MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The usual problems have started with my clutch. Biting point on the floor. Needing to squash the pedal in to the carpet to change gear. No real pressure in the pedal for the first 3/4 of travel.

Sheddist clutch kit urgently required me thinks. Dont really want to get my bike out in this weather if it goes completly.

Sheddist you have a PM. Please help.

Andy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the clutch has gone completely now. Got off the M42 at jct 10 to find I had no pressure at all in the clutch pedal. Managed to get the car home in 3rd, which was fun.

Anyway I’m picking a sheddist clutch kit up on Saturday so not too much inconvenience caused by the car being off the road, I have my bike and the girlfriends car.

Decided to have a look to see if I could see where the problem lies. Stripped the slave cylinder off and removed the dust cap to see it full of fluid. This can be right for a start, can it?

Very little pressure in the pedal maybe a little in the last inch of pedal travel and hardly any clutch arm movement, So I’m assuming that it is the hydraulics that have gone and not the clutch itself.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts