MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MGR and MGOC/MGCC have arranged a discount offer that allows club members to buy new cars at 'employee' rates.

Details can be found on MGOC website

MGOC

Could well be the bargain of the decade, club membershio £27, discount up to £3k

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Nice one JD. So with a discount of around £3K I could spec the car up as well with the money saved.

Life is Rosey....Life is MGR

Jim

G

·
I've taken the plunge and ordered a TF160 p/x against 2000mpi and the best bit is the 15.2% discount as a member of the MGOC.

G

·
OK - so what would a ZS180 cost under this scheme? Could someone else order it for me as I don't want to join the MGCC or MGOC?

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
You save 3 grand on an MGZS180, and all for a small investment of around 30 quid. A monthly magazine, and after 12 months you dont have to renew!!... If you have a close relative you works within MGR you may be eligable for discounts too. As the club scheme is an extension of the employees scheme!

Kelvin

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is, at present, a requirement for 6 months membership before you qualify for the discount. The discount also applies to members spouses.

G

·
JLD said:
There is, at present, a requirement for 6 months membership before you qualify for the discount. The discount also applies to members spouses.
I have to say it's a fabulous idea.

Is there a similar discount available across the range? My only problem is that I have ordered a 385 and if it turns up earlier than 6 months, then there will be - NO discount + will the model qualify for a discount? Might be the only reason to join the club though, which is a good enough reason. Be a fool not to, too save £1,000's, however if it wasn't for the incentive - no way ( I shall wait a whille, however)!

How many of the membership are actually buying discounted cars, or are they still after MGB heritage shells and "pipe tobacco?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts