MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend who isnt on this site, has just put the 1.4kseries Mulity point engine from a Metro GTI into his Rather nice looking Metro 1.1. Problem is the metros on That hydagas System thing for suspension and we just wondered if he counld put the suspension off of the GTI on to his or not.
He wont sell the 1.1 and go with the GTI as hes done quite alot of body work to it and it looks Good. Its a markII metro i think!!

Any help would be good. thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
Should think so.

Technology is the same. After getting the standard suspension set up the next step is to individualise the units.

Also machine down the push rods so you can up the pressure but not the ride height for a higher spring rate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
myself and a mate stuck a 1.6 k series in a 1.1 metro and its like a rocket, but as ur mate has found suspension is crap, you'll need a set of old mk2 or mk1 hydralastic units as they are individual and not linked as the 1 are on his metro, you will also need a hydralastic pump as u cant change them when they are pumped up so they'll need letting down, and as the other guys said anti roll bar and some shock absorbers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.