MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see the MG6 at Pinkstones the other week, like the black and chrome badges and considering a change.
Like the front but not sure of the rear atm.
Only blu-tacked on at the moment.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys.
Little niggle I have in my mind is that I used to have an MG badge with union flag background on my lower grille. Looked to be the same make as these and it basically fell apart - but then the lower grille is a lot more prone to stone chips and salt etc.
For £7 per badge I'll give it a go - have some good originals to go back on if needed (my current front one is an ebay enamel badge, so better than oem anyway)

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
We have had the black/chrome badges on for over 3 years now and they are holding up well.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have had the black/chrome badges on for over 3 years now and they are holding up well.

Thats a good sign then, can see me modding an old rear badge to act as a mount when the 2nd badge comes later in week.

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Yep i prefer them to the standard ones tbh ! what are the standard ones held on by out of curiosity... double sided tape ?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
On my Mk2 they were stuck on with a sticky adhesive that was all over the backing.

Best to heat up with a hair blower or such like, I did my one, on one of the hot days last year.

Then cleaned up the area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
On my Mk2 they were stuck on with a sticky adhesive that was all over the backing.

Best to heat up with a hair blower or such like, I did my one, on one of the hot days last year.

Then cleaned up the area.
Same here I was rather surprised/alarmed at how easy they come off.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep i prefer them to the standard ones tbh ! what are the standard ones held on by out of curiosity... double sided tape ?
As Peter says, warm em up with hair dryer then if you look inside grille / boot lid you'll see the two locating pins on back of badges. Press on these and they should at least start to come off.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
what are the standard ones held on by out of curiosity... double sided tape ?
I used Halfords number plate sticky pads.:)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Back looks great, don't like the front though :(

I got my badges from ebay too, said last lifetime, 7 months on - it's dead and had to replace!!!

Back is a problem badge due to contours, have a sticket from ebay stuck on it at the mo, looks alright LOL

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
2nd badge arrived tody so had a play, modding old rear badge.
Cut hole in middle to do away with dome, added a bead of glue from glue gun just to fill recess a little (hope it'll help badge to stick).
Think that it would look good with remains of old badge painted TB but not sure if it'll stick very well to the "chrome" and getting chrome off could be a big PITA.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I got my badges from ebay too, said last lifetime, 7 months on - it's dead and had to replace!!!
If that happens it'll be back on with the ones that are fitted at the mo!
I liked the look of the black and silver ones that used to be fitted to the MGB (iirc) but they're not big enough

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Have ordered some sticker type badges, partly as a trial of if I like the black and chrome look, partly if I'm happy with the stickers they may stay on.

Stickers ordered from here: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...mgbadges.com&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13325308492321

To fill an hour tonight I wasn't really happy with how the rear badge would look on the modded plinth. Think it will look too "stuck on"
Decided to make up own plinth using epoxy putty.

Pics show progress so far, only roughly filed to shape at the moment. Should get it finished tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts