MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd better tell you all before I go out - just received a CHAIN LETTER with a money making racket attached.

Don't know where they got my address from (post marked Leicestershire). Basically mentions don't throw the 4 sheets of paper away and then send out 200 copies of it. Yep - that's 200 + envelpes + stamps.

Oriiginated by someone called David Rhodes.

People on the letter to forward £10 too was P. Grant, looks as though it's sweeping the country (other names on the letter as follows).

P. Grant, Leic.
Other names, Leic
C. Atkins, Leic
A Burrows, W Yorks
J barrow, W Yorks
J King, Ipswich
J Mils, W Yorks

If you get one - BIN IT - maybe you should tell the Police - :D

Remember the "HEARTS" chain, this requied Females to put in £1,000's - my local hairdresser lost £3,000 :(:(

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
....And if anyone is supersticious about all that "bad luck" cobblers that will rain down on you if you rip it up or don't forward this, or other letters on, then do feel free to send them all to me, where I'll happily destroy them!
This stuff, and all the other scams currently doing the rounds cause so much misery and heartache to so many people. We also know people who lost money thru "Women Empowering Women" and "Hearts". The only winners are those in charge.:mad:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have just received an email from a certain Mr Pass Kossi (?) at SOUTH TRUST ATLANTIC SECURITIES LIMITED regarding some 18.5 million US Dollars that were deposited by a client and have remained unclaimed since the client was killed in a plane crash in 1999, no next of kin have come forward to claim the money. He is asking me to come forward as the next of kin and claim the money myself!!, i reckon i should bin this one as it sounds VERY dodgy to me.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
That one originates in Nigeria. If you reply, you will be asked to forward 2k or thereabouts as "security" or "admin fees". Then you'll have to get thru Nigerian customs and excise where the likes of laptops or 4x4's are the generally accepted bribes. The od thing is that the money is there in an actual account-paid for by the likes of all those fee's!
One hapless American who followed this through, and flew to Nigeria to collect his dues, was shot. This scam has been reported many times in the UK press.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts