1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Still not cured of MG addiction
7,110 Posts
One problem with that car straight away - it says cambelt was fitted at 39k miles. How the hell did it manage without a cambelt for nearly 40000 miles? :lol:

I once went in an Elise with an instructor at the wheel, it was a pretty full-on experience. He used the line that I wouldn't believe "it actually had a Rover engine in it". I said I know they do, it's a good powerful lightweight engine :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I've seen mk1's around 5k.
when did they switch over to toyota engines wasn't that with the mk2's?

I've just bought a lotus, some of the spares prices are pretty shocking!!

whats shocking value for money are zt260's, it was a close call between a 260 and the lotus, but I recon the 260's still have some way to fall.

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
Seriously, why do people buy brand new cars when there are crackers like that around?
I for one wouldn't buy a 9 year old car no matter what car it is (except for classics). Many people prefer to buy new as they want to own a new car rather than someone else's old car along with the peace of mind of warranty. Each person have different needs and not all just about money at the end of the day.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Simply looking at a Mito is enough to put me off, Alfa make such gorgeous cars I don't know wtf went through there minds to make that Noddy mobile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts